• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What this charger might be worth.

Dakotaacres

Local time
5:09 AM
Reaction score
From little information I have right now. Anyone know what this charger might be worth. No rearend, no interior, no motor or trany. Just 15 miles from me.

IMG_1621.jpg

IMG_1622.jpg

I sold a 66 about 9 months ago (383 4-speed in similar condition) for $1600 and thought that was pretty fair for the both of us. I did have a good title for the car.

Looks like it is missing the Grille which can add up to be expensive. Having no interior panels is tough because that can be a large swing in price. Certain parts for these chargers are few and far between and will add up significantly. Specifically interior door panels and trim pieces both inside and out. Motor and tranny and rear end can be easy to obtain. If the car has a clean title i think a fair price would be 1000 to 1500.

Pictures of my 2 First Gen Chargers

20220417_110330.jpg

Charger 1.jpg

it's worth the realistic value of the useable, sellable parts, minus the time and aggravation to remove, sell, and ship........ so basically scrap

Save that car. LOL. Get ready to spend a lot of money if you are going for a restore. Things are not cheap either way. Missing parts are hard to obtain but if you like the searching for parts then have fun. I paid 150 dollars for my inside trim above the mirror on my runner. Trying to find dash pad was rough also. Glove box lid was another thing. Spent hours trying to find parts.

Save that car. LOL. Get ready to spend a lot of money if you are going for a restore. Things are not cheap either way. Missing parts are hard to obtain but if you like the searching for parts then have fun. I paid 150 dollars for my inside trim above the mirror on my runner. Trying to find dash pad was rough also. Glove box lid was another thing. Spent hours trying to find parts.

I'm under water just looking at it :lol:

Can't really tell from the photos, not enough information. The front bumper and grill surround, if nice, are worth more than values quoted so far.

Like they said, the grill and interior missing can be expensive. Just know that all the parts add up, and being a mopar some are very expensive or hard to find depending on the car. I’d make sure you look it over for rust and see an idea of what you’d need to replace and what it might cost you in the long run.

What's the engine IE first five VIN digits?

Title?

Agree grill and headlight assemblies are $$$ and the getting them to work is more $$$.

If the dash is missing that's $$$$$ and then getting that to work is another $$$$.

Body doesn't look terrible considering the show.

...and hey- IT'S YY1 bronze!

I spent 8-months with WTB ads (everywhere) looking for a tailgate for my 77' Dodge W200. They made millions of these trucks, yet somehow, no one reproduces a tailgate or grill, the least likely items to have survived decades of abuse & theft.

Now, take this, and start to think about the trim pieces and unique items tailored to a first generation Charger, which very few are still around. The people who own these cars, many are older, in poor health, and even less likely to advertise parts online.

People don't often take into account, that most guys who done this (in the day) had a parts car, or donor car, with a junkyard a few miles away that likely had a few stashed in the back, and the parts off those cars, were pennies compared to what they are today. They weren't searching high & low for every missing nut & bolt (you can spend $500 on new hardware, just in bolts, easily). It still took them five, ten years to complete the build.

I'd say, $1,000. Some of these owners want 'Barrett Jackson' prices, so be prepared for that.

Last edited:
I own 2 one is a parts car and I still lost a arm n a leg paying for parts I needed. First gen chargers parts will add up quick! The trim pieces inside and out plus the hideaway headlights and the Guages are crazy expensive. Unless you really love the first gen or have some sentimental thing for them I wouldn’t suggest you build one.

I wanna also say that this forum dedicated to the first gen have a lot of amazing people willing to help. I definitely wouldn’t be anywhere near as far on my build as I am without some of them.

I'd probably give $1,000 for it, if it wasn't too hard to get out of there, and had a place to store it. Then sell it to a Charger person, or part it out. Save it if you can, or let it help save a few other old Chargers.

Question is body condition. Is the frame rusted out or ??? If good then you have a lot of missing parts. Time and money. Not always easy to find. I would say 1000 to 1200 $ because of the value of the parts on the car.

if you could get it for the price range folks here are suggesting, and you don’t care about a correct restoration ( as in finding and spending money on correct parts) , it would make a nice candidate for a modified car.
this would of course depend on your imagination, fabrication skills etc.

Auto Transport Service
Back