• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What was a stock air cleaner on a 73....

bandit67

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:19 AM
Reaction score
Guys, just curious to know what was the stock air cleaner that came on my factory 400 , a single or duel "snorkel " unit. I assume all engines that year were blue so would the cleaners been black in color. Can I assume the orange cleaners were on only orange painted motors. Did autos and manuals all get same type and color. Thanks, getting time to find something for my current rebuild.

Guys, just curious to know what was the stock air cleaner that came on my factory 400 , a single or duel "snorkel " unit. I assume all engines that year were blue so would the cleaners been black in color. Can I assume the orange cleaners were on only orange painted motors. Did autos and manuals all get same type and color. Thanks, getting time to find something for my current rebuild.
The one on my 73 is orange, dual snorkle, says 400 4 barrel

Car?
aircleaners 013.JPG

If it’s a hi-po application dadsbee’ s picture is correct. In 74 the inlets are more oval shaped.

Orange all the way for 4 bbl engines.

From Nick's Garage website:

72_400_01.jpg

74_440_01.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks, so the short square inlets were for 73s and the long, more rounder inlets were for the 74s? I think either will work for me...now that I know what I m looking for, will see what prices eBay is offering....thanks...

Auto Transport Service
Back