• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What was your first album/tape/CD?

The first album/tape/CD I bought was Kiss Destroyer on vinyl, brand new in 1976 from the record store. #2 and #3 shortly thereafter were LPs of Rush 2112 (also released 1976), and a real oldie Deep Purple Made In Japan (1972 or 3?).

They first record I bought (not an album/tape/CD), was a 45 of Rock On by David Essex. I was 9.

I still have 200+/- LPs and listen to them all the time.

Kiss Alive 1

Wasn’t about the music

Pictures Pictures Pictures

Mom bought it for me - I was only around 6 or 7

Used to buy 45s at K Mart for 44 cents or something like that. The first record that I remember that I bought was a 45 of Walter Brennan “Old Rivers”. Now who the hell here remembers that?? Had to be early 1960s. I’d like to know how many thousands of dollars I’ve spent on 45s, albums, 8 tracks, cassettes, and cds over the years.

Love the Stone Temple Pilots. Lived in San Diego when they were coming on the scene.

Saw them perform at SDSU in my college years. Love those guys, definitely in my top bands...

No albums:(
45: Beatles, Penny Lane & Strawberry Fields Forever
No 8 track:D
Cassette: Merle Haggard & Willie Nelson, Pancho & Lefty:)

My sources of music during childhood were an AM transistor radio and a 1946 Philco AM/FM/SW console radio.:)

Jethro Tull...Thick as a Brick 8 track. Released in 1972. I was 13 or 14, and my parents hated it.

It would be too close to recall which cassette I purchased first...

Sepultura - Arise

Sepultura_-_Arise_1991.jpg

or Beastie Boys - License to ill...

Licensed_to_ill.jpg

Gene Tracy was funny, my old man was a trucker and it was 8 track. The first album was a K-Tel record I got for Christmas I was maybe 10 or 11.

First I album I bought was Duane Eddy, The Twang The Thang, Was just learning to play guitar. The sound of his guitar was awesome. Me and 10 million other guys wanted to play just like him. Some of us became household names themselves. Not Me. But I still play anyway.

my very first vinyl at age 11 was van Halen. that started a rock and heavy metal madness for me from metal church to Godsmack with everything in between . i was in my late teens in the 80's
15897638008791351535706.png

first 45- beachboys 409 4 track- the who 8 track- the doors cassette-pinkfloyd still have 5or6 4 tracks 40 8 tracks maybe 100 cassettes same with the cd's maybe 450 albums rock&roll

My first 45 was Do Wah Diddy by Manfred Mann. I’m a huge Beatles fan but I think that was actually my first love - almost wore it out from playing so often.

Blue Oyster Cult - Agents of Fortune. Still have it, still love it. (Don't Fear the Reaper is worst song on the LP, IMO)

I listened to my older siblings albums when I was young. It wasn't until later on that I actually bought one myself. It was the first Led Zeppelin I bought around 1980 with money I saved from not eating lunch at school.

I listened to my older siblings albums when I was young. It wasn't until later on that I actually bought one myself. It was the first Led Zeppelin I bought around 1980 with money I saved from not eating lunch at school.

Right on. Not eating lunch kept me trim and my playboy subscription paid for lol...

Auto Transport Service
Back