• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What welder should I buy ?

What welder should I buy?

• Tig

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Mig

Votes: 23 88.5%
  • Stick - Arc

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
No, not yet, but I have narrowed it down at my local Tool Supply shop. I was advised to just buy a smaller spool or wire (unless Iwin a major contract repairing bridges) so as not to end up with extra weight, expense, and that way I can have a couple of different sized wires. I'm going for a Mig.

Nice and small carry type welders....perect for the small jobs I will use it on.

View attachment 1569181
Well the big spool came with my machine but I have a couple small ones if needed. I also looked at some new machines that are much smaller than my old one including the inverter mig and well, little bit too pricey for me.

I like my Hobart 210MVP, it probably doesn't apply to kiwi but it runs on 115 or 230. Also like my Miller stick as it was used once and gifted to me and my neighbor gave me a TIG redneck conversion for it, haven't tried it yet and don't need an argon tank for anything else. I might eventually get the spool gun for aluminum for the Hobart, but then again the argon and no aluminum projects yet.

Auto Transport Service
Back