• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's it worth?

Gee,
I'm always befuddled by these "What's it worth" posts.

Just ask a price, aim high.
If you get no offers reduce or hold.

Do your research.
Go to Cars On Line and compare.

Good luck with sale.

If you don't need the money, wait for the buyer who can appreciate the quality of your car. I searched for 9 months and looked at a lot of Road Runners for mid 20's or 30's only to hear what I call "stories" or "just needs... ". But none of them felt right until I found my 70 Road Runner and paid $35,000. No stories. If someone's looking for a deal, yours is not the car for them. Also, some buyers only have a certain amount to spend. Again, not your buyer. We're only talking about a few thousand dollars difference between yours and one that needs " a little work ". A smart buyer will go for yours. I'm glad I spent the extra up front.
You have a great car and it deserves to go to a good home with a person who can afford to take care of it. I wouldn't sell it for anything less than $35,000. Good luck, Rocket

Do the research. Put a number on it. If your inbox fills up, your voice mail fills up, and your phone rings itself into an early grave, you have it priced right...or maybe low! If none of that happens, you have it priced too high.

You have an idea what you want for it, you're simply asking the forum to validate that.

Ask these guys...

11667213-whats-my-car-worth.jpg

having a car for sale that you can honestly say, "needs nothin", will go a long way with the "right" buyer. you are looking for a buyer comparable to your car.

like selling a project, why do they rarely bring what ya want. because the potential buyers are matched to what your selling!!!!!!

I wish you were closer. I'd be very interested in the car.....but Wisconsin to NY is a heck of a trip. From where I stand....I think you have a car in the mid $30K range there.

having a car for sale that you can honestly say, "needs nothin", will go a long way with the "right" buyer. you are looking for a buyer comparable to your car.
All cars need something.....even brand new ones! We just can't leave em be.....no pu....well, you know.

Hey mjb, got insurance on it? :grin:

All cars need something.....even brand new ones! We just can't leave em be.....no pu....well, you know.

Hey mjb, got insurance on it? :grin:

it's insured.......and yes they all need something...this one could use front disc brakes instead of the drums that are on it!

[Worth 1 Million dollars!

Last edited:
I see this post has been around for a few months and will have to guess it's still available. Just by pictures car is clean. I like that when I'm looking, says the owner cares. Again by the pictures I'd say you replaced the 1/4's don't see sound deadner on them. Very low option car in a love or hate color. Rear stripe was added and a Dana that would never come in a 69 383 Bee. After market wheels and tires and day 2 stuff underhood. That is owner preference but that doesn't dictate all the money when time to sell.
I's say all those 35K opinions are just that opinions and will not ever equate to $$$$.
Solid 24K car to someone that doesn't mind correcting the owner wanted bolt-on's.
Ron

Just a question...how do you know the rear stipe was added since I didn't post a pic of the fender tag or build sheet?

the Dana was there when I bought it and unless you are going for complete originality, I look at that as a good thing!

Just from the pics, no way I'd take $24K for it if I were you unless there is something wrong with it. Looks like a nice car. If you were closer, I'd think about trading you my 70RR. :icon_wink:

If you're selling for $24,000, consider it done. I'll pay the freight to Wisconsin. Seriously.

Just a question...how do you know the rear stipe was added since I didn't post a pic of the fender tag or build sheet?

the Dana was there when I bought it and unless you are going for complete originality, I look at that as a good thing!

I remember seeing the car on LI last year or year before unless it's another one I'm thinking of?? Post the tag and we'll see.

I remember seeing the car on LI last year or year before unless it's another one I'm thinking of?? Post the tag and we'll see.

Seeing it for sale on Long Island?? Wasn't me.......and no WISCOPAR-----not happening for $24.000.....But thanks!!!

Seeing it for sale on Long Island?? Wasn't me.......and no WISCOPAR-----not happening for $24.000.....But thanks!!!

I didn't say I saw it on LI forsale I said I think I remember it on LI at a show or something. I said to myself this is a nice car but only had like 4 options on the tag and one of the "options" was to delete the rear stripe. If I'm mistaken I'm mistaken so post the tag or even easier tell us if the car is coded for the stripe and if all the sheetmetal is original or not and set me straight. You asked WIW and I gave my opinion. I don't see you confronting people that are inflating your head just me because you don't like my assessment of what I believe I saw.
I didn't answer this post to get into a back and forth with you but I know enough about these cars to freely give an unbiased assessment of a 69 BEE.

Good lord, I'm sure you know this, but you've got nothing to prove. If it were me, I'd just ignore him and his rude and somewhat higher than thou attitude. At the end of the day, your car is worth whatever bottom dollar you are willing to take....right?

I didn't say I saw it on LI forsale I said I think I remember it on LI at a show or something. I said to myself this is a nice car but only had like 4 options on the tag and one of the "options" was to delete the rear stripe. If I'm mistaken I'm mistaken so post the tag or even easier tell us if the car is coded for the stripe and if all the sheetmetal is original or not and set me straight. You asked WIW and I gave my opinion. I don't see you confronting people that are inflating your head just me because you don't like my assessment of what I believe I saw.
I didn't answer this post to get into a back and forth with you but I know enough about these cars to freely give an unbiased assessment of a 69 BEE.

I didn't confront you.....I simply answered that if you saw a car like mine for sale it was not me.....nothing hostile about that. You gave your opinion and that's fine. Nobody is inflating my head. I also see you removed your original post......

- - - Updated - - -

Good lord, I'm sure you know this, but you've got nothing to prove. If it were me, I'd just ignore him and his rude and somewhat higher than thou attitude. At the end of the day, your car is worth whatever bottom dollar you are willing to take....right?

Absolutely......I was just looking at what the going rate was since I have been a little out of the loop of selling for a while. Didn't think I was going to piss anyone off!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back