• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what's it worth???

4eyedblonde

Local time
9:08 AM
Reaction score
Need some constructive opinions here.
Looking at a 64 Savoy. Car is solid but needs alot of tlc. This car has been set up as a Pro Street, full cage, 440 built by Johnny Cleavland in BC, TF727, ford 9", 4 link. Still has the factory bench and steel dash (which has been modified) newer GM steering column.
Car needs a grill, windshield and rear window trim pieces, bumpers re chromed as well as other minor things plus a complete re paint. All glass is intact, door panels are a rework but in good shape. I'm clueless as to the value of these cars at this level of condition. It is pro built to NHRA specs but was never completed, cosmetically at least. Any ideas as to what it should sell at???

Without pictures it will be very hard to say. It sounds like a $13,500 car off of the description you offered. The grill will not be that hard to come up with. So is it a running driving car now or does it need electrical work and all to make it a street legal car?

Would love to see photo's of it... Here is my pro street 65 and I would not sell it for $20k. It may not be worth that to some one else but I love it and it is to me.

Attachments

• Waverly Hall-20130217-00112.jpg
    Waverly Hall-20130217-00112.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 375
It is a running driver. Just needs a clean up plus the other mentions above, It takes a pretty picture but no where near the stage your car is at.savoy2.jpgIMG_3277.jpg

With it being a post car and it being a driver.. i would say $15k as it is.. And will go up with every penny invested in it..

Great car.. If I ocould afford it I would buy it also..

exhaust set up

Hey Furyous,
How did you finish off the exhaust?
I was thinking of either exiting right out the back just before the rear bumper (kind of a banna cut on the tips) or just dumping off the flowmaster 40's. I don't want to sacrifice the sound, nore do I want to put myself into a coma with the exhaist fumes.
Awesome ride you have here. Get alot of unwanted attention with the wheelie bars tho?

Na no issues with the wheelie bars.. Makes for a good conversation. I used the speedway motors 8" long 3" in/out mufflers. They are 9.99 each... I have 3" pipe back to the rear-axle then the mufflers with turn downs.. Never a smell of fuel or anything in the car and it is a little loud but nothing major.. I figured it should sound like it looks and it saved me a bunch of money... And space is a premium under there.. If I would have ran them out the back I would not have been able to put the wheelie bars on without some mods..

I can post a video of it with the mufflers if you want to hear them....It will be Saturday though..

2 door sedans seem to be worth more than hard tops. I just bought a 64 dodge 330 barn find. Was a drag car before being parked. some aluminum and fiber glass parts. It was built in the early 80s. Has a pretty bone stock 440 /auto in it 8 3/4 rearend. I paid $8500. (which was more than I wanted too.. but i'm a sucker for 64s) From the pictures, mine looks way rougher than yours.

Na no issues with the wheelie bars.. Makes for a good conversation. I used the speedway motors 8" long 3" in/out mufflers. They are 9.99 each... I have 3" pipe back to the rear-axle then the mufflers with turn downs.. Never a smell of fuel or anything in the car and it is a little loud but nothing major.. I figured it should sound like it looks and it saved me a bunch of money... And space is a premium under there.. If I would have ran them out the back I would not have been able to put the wheelie bars on without some mods..

I can post a video of it with the mufflers if you want to hear them....It will be Saturday though..

Did you get a chance to do that vid? Curious to hear how that motor sounds through mufflers

If you buy it! Get rid of the chebbi steering column!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why in the h--- would some one do that. Looks like it is worth the asking price!

Did you get a chance to do that vid? Curious to hear how that motor sounds through mufflers

I am sorry I did not make it... For some reason I stopped getting notifications from the board again.. I will get one this week for sure for you..... Going to storm here today so maybe tomorrow I can get back down to the shop....

Auto Transport Service
Back