• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the for

Grandbob

Local time
1:26 AM
Reaction score
Kind of new at this I have posted a couple of times a question about some weather stripping on a roof rail, tried it in the paint and body and then on the general form not getting any answers/replies. Are people just looking ? is that what this means. I'm I posting in the wrong forum. Our
it a unique question

sorry,what was your question?

Kind of new at this I have posted a couple of times a question about some weather stripping on a roof rail, tried it in the paint and body and then on the general form not getting any answers/replies. Are people just looking ? is that what this means. I'm I posting in the wrong forum. Our
it a unique question
No one has an answer for you. The "views" on the home page are the amount of people that have opened your thread to take a look.

When it comes to help, I treasure this site. I research first, youtube has a lot of videos, some are great, but when I can't figure it out, I ask here. I have always found a wealth of information.

I answer when I can, but if I don't know the subject, I move on without a response. There is enough knowledge base here that no one needs to guess. I assume you speak of weatherstrip along the roof, but my experience is very limited, so I probably would not answer.

The more info you submit, i.e. year, make, model, the better are you chances of finding that answer you seek. B Bodies are all similar, but not always identical. Photos are a big help where the written word is not always understood.

Thanks, That's weather stripping, I think I was got it figure out with some help from the guys .
One of the sets from ci is mb192032-69 charger paint and body gaskets ,shows the non adhesive back roll in that set and lists as drip rail ? seal.
also ordered mb1969 it's 68 to 70 B body restoration gasket kit
I think they combined some of the package and I ended up with both roles of material in unmarked package.
Next quandary is the gray plumber's putty tape located on the roof rail, weather strip holder ,drip rail ? As called by the kit descriptions, located At the bend from the roof line down the
A pillar, this tape with cloth like property's is on the top and bottom of the rail covering a pretty nice hole in the bend area.

Please bear with me
Guys.
I need your help

I'm not sure what car your'e working on but i have noticed that a lot of gasket kits will have overlapping parts/ gaskets in them that can make a guy wonder if he missed something by having extra parts, worse yet is when there missing and you don't even know what there called to try to find some. I've found that the body assembly manuals and part books have proven to be invaluable in rebuilding my Polara. The books aren't all that cheap but they pay for themselves in the long run.

Auto Transport Service
Back