• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the Secret of Removing Door Glass?

Jeff Felker

Local time
12:19 PM
Reaction score
Removed the door panel, interior door handle and linkage rod and got the glass off the regulator but that small track attached to the glass will not come off. And I don't think it will come out attached to the glass. Looks like it is a plastic fastener. What's the secret step I'm missing? Thanks in advance.

Remove the plastic pin. If you are careful you can do this without breaking the pin, but they are available.

Stainless at the rear stays on, plastic stop in glass comes off with one center screw, inner and outer window fuzzies need to come off, vent frame and side glass come out as one.

I got it. I needed to remove the inner chrome belt molding. I managed to get the glass out without breaking anything. Interesting design. Thank you.

Well that figures. I watched a youtube video a guy made removing door glass from a 1970 Charger. He left the vent window in. He took off a little screw at the top of the window channel next to the vent window and that allowed him to offset the door glass channel enough to get the glass out. I kinda did it the same way, but there are differences between a 68 and a 70.

First off, welcome to the site! Second, you are in the wrong forum to ask tech questions. Please familiarize yourself with the various forums that we have. Thanks! :)

Removed the door panel, interior door handle and linkage rod and got the glass off the regulator but that small track attached to the glass will not come off. And I don't think it will come out attached to the glass. Looks like it is a plastic fastener. What's the secret step I'm missing? Thanks in advance.
welcome again

you really should start a new build tread
in the appropriate forum section/s
or start one in a members' build threads

this is just the welcome wagon

get far more viewers that way too

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back