• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's this BS all about

One point twenty- one gigawatts checking in :thumbsup:

damn metric system :fool:
OIP.jpg

:lol:

The alternative would be to count everything in "moons" and "sleeps".

"So how fast did you go?"
"691,200 ths of a sleep flat"

"how long should I bake this cake for?"
"1/48 th of a sleep"

"How old are you?"
"851 moons. I'll be 852 moons in another 9 sleeps"

Suddenly "the clock" doesn't seem like such a bad idea!

The alternative would be to count everything in "moons" and "sleeps".

"So how fast did you go?"
"691,200 ths of a sleep flat"

"how long should I bake this cake for?"
"1/48 th of a sleep"

"How old are you?"
"851 moons. I'll be 852 moons in another 9 sleeps"

Suddenly "the clock" doesn't seem like such a bad idea!
Somebody always has to spoil the party.......oh well.

Every one of those guys look like an overstuffed pillow !!!

Oh time is real.
Humans can't perceive time. We need a physical or similar reference. If you put someone in a room with no reference they lose track quickly.
In this example, rotations of the earth is the reference. It is a logical one, everyone can see the sun in the sky, mostly.
If you take away the reference time still exists, humans just have no perception of it.
Some say that little gland in the middle of your brain plays a part with perception of time.
I am in the "time is the fourth dimension" camp. Someday maybe we will understand it enough to unlock a whole lot of interesting physics, the obvious application is space travel.
For now we will have to rely on spins of the earth and orbits around the sun like our ancestors did.
I have other thoughts about time but it involves a topic that an increasing number of people take offense at so I won't get into that.

What’s time to a hog? I’ve never seen one with a wrist watch.

Oh time is real.
Humans can't perceive time. We need a physical or similar reference. If you put someone in a room with no reference they lose track quickly.
In this example, rotations of the earth is the reference. It is a logical one, everyone can see the sun in the sky, mostly.
If you take away the reference time still exists, humans just have no perception of it.
Some say that little gland in the middle of your brain plays a part with perception of time.
I am in the "time is the fourth dimension" camp. Someday maybe we will understand it enough to unlock a whole lot of interesting physics, the obvious application is space travel.
For now we will have to rely on spins of the earth and orbits around the sun like our ancestors did.
I have other thoughts about time but it involves a topic that an increasing number of people take offense at so I won't get into that.
Blind people have this problem; their sleep schedules get all whacked out. It's called something-24, I think...but yeah, we need that frame of reference in order to function properly.

Auto Transport Service
Back