• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's this part called??

Local time
10:53 AM
Reaction score
On my '72 Roadrunner, it's the spring-loaded hand that holds the door open when entering or exiting the car. Mine is no longer doing its job and needs to be replaced.

Does it have an actual name and where might I find a replacement? (I already checked Classic Industries with no luck so far.)

IMG_0322.JPG

On my '72 Roadrunner, it's the spring-loaded hand that holds the door open when entering or exiting the car. Mine is no longer doing its job and needs to be replaced.

Does it have an actual name and where might I find a replacement? (I already checked Classic Industries with no luck so far.)

View attachment 1334007
Here is what I used to rebuild the lower door hinges on on my 1972 Satellite.
The brass bushings are not needed. Don't know why they are included.
1971 1972 1973 1974 CHRYSLER DODGE CHARGER B-BODY DOOR HINGE REBUILD REPAIR KIT | eBay
1661613407657.png

Don't know why they are included.
I thought they were included in case your hinges were so shot that they needed to be drilled out to fit the bushings to make them new again.

Kits that include bushings are because there are no oversized pins available for most cars and the bushings are cheap and accept industry standard sized pins. The down side is that they are soft and require a much larger hole than needed to be drilled in the hinge body to accept the bushings. Generally no instructions are included to do it.
We never use bushings. We have custom made hardened steel pins made for us in several oversize's so you only need to make the hole big enough to be round. Just like boring your engines cylinders. You want to remove as little material as needed to make the cylinder round. Not .060 on every hole regardless of the actual amount actually needed to make the bore round again.

I thought they were included in case your hinges were so shot that they needed to be drilled out to fit the bushings to make them new again.
Possibly. They would have to be drilled quite big.

Possibly. They would have to be drilled quite big.

Hey Marv, looking at your profile avatar I can't tell if car is a '71 or '72. (Or if it's a Satellite or Roadrunner.)

Where can I see some bigger pics of it? From what I can see, it's beautiful.

Auto Transport Service
Back