• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's this part

pedal2themetal

Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
by battery next to washer reservoir, with a yellow button or pop up deal?? Oh 75 fury
whats this.jpg

Thanks take care be safe
tim

Not sure what it is but the wires on it appear like they got quite hot at some point..

HI
Nope not washer pump This is the washer pump mounted under the washer jug,

washer pump.jpg

it only has one hose going to it from the manifold. the two wires go into this connection and come out black/yellow maybe Lt. green strip and blue wire

plug1.jpg

Then it goes to this relay I think ONLY the striped wire goes to it
plug2.jpg

I think the blue wire goes over to the manifold to a small connection marked battery for it to draw power. So its a vacuum operated electric switch of some sort. But what?? From this relay it goes into a loom and to where I don't know..

thanks take care be safe
tim

I recall some Mopars of those years had a vacuum monitoring light system designed in the instrument cluster to show you how to achieve better fuel economy.
Mike

HI, 493 mike,
that might be right.. I do have that option. Fender mounted turn signal indicator on Drivers side comes on when at WOT (low vacuum) and when the motor is not running and key is on.
I now remember I had it at a shop one time and when I got ready to leave the light wasn't working properly and he messed with something at about the same spot it is drawing vacuum from and it started working properly.
Thanks 493 mike take care be safe
tim

by battery next to washer reservoir, with a yellow button or pop up deal?? Oh 75 fury
View attachment 1491352

Thanks take care be safe
tim
It is hard to tell from that photo, but it looks like it might some sort of relay/contact and the cover is missing. Vacuum is being switched by a small solenoid or valve ...and the yellow button might be a test or reset button.

A closer photo from the left might help somewhat.

It is hard to tell from that photo, but it looks like it might some sort of relay/contact and the cover is missing. Vacuum is being switched by a small solenoid or valve ...and the yellow button might be a test or reset button.

A closer photo from the left might help somewhat.
Hi,
question was answered by 493 Mike in post #6.

good luck Take care be safe
tim

Auto Transport Service
Back