• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats this?

greenmonsta79

Local time
7:38 AM
Reaction score
I finally went through my 1969 Charger today fully and found everything for it, I found this but have no clue as to where it goes or what it is? I did not see a part number on it. :icon_scratch:

Attachments

• 2011-04-02 13.23.17.jpg
    2011-04-02 13.23.17.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 457
  • 2011-04-02 13.23.27.jpg
    2011-04-02 13.23.27.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 469
That was my first thought but I checked and it has the front license plate mount on the front bumper and the rear is there as well! Im stumped!

My thought was that it was a interior piece because there is no rust on it whatsoever.

whats this

im not sure about 69 but i have never seen this part on any 68 or 70 charger i would suspect that it does not go to the car may be a stray part picked up with some other parts

Yeah, I have no clue as too what it would be I have thought and looked but I just don't know. And you are totally true it could have been something off something totally not car related which most likely is the case since you guys have never seen it and to the fact there is no part number!

I don't see where any bolts have stripped the paint off of it when being tightened up, and since it has 4 what looks to be 1/4 nuts welded to it, it must have something that bolts to it...my .02 put the car back together and if you can't attach something to the car ...grab that part LOL
AL

I rebuilt my 68 Charger from the Media Blaster up and never came across that part. My only guess would be the brace to support the tail light trim cover in the trunk, not on the 68. If that ain't it then I'm pretty sure the rudder for a ducks *** is correct

That was me. Whenever i sell a car, I like to throw a piece from some obscure vehicle into the trunk just to screw with people!

How big is it? Kind hard to tell from the pictures. I'm in the middle of tearing down my '69 Charger, and it looks familiar, but I can't place it. If I knew the size of it, it could help narrow it down, and I can go look at mine.

I don't think it's off the car I have stripped the car completely apart now and I have a feeling it just "made" its way in the car, The car sat in a small 2 car garage for 17 years so I am pretty sure its off something not related to the Charger, I am pretty sure it would have a part number on it and it does not.

It doesn't even fit with the basic construction style of your car man, where else do you see dainty little weld nuts like that used on your car??

It just doesn't even look like it's from the same gene pool, ya know?

looks like an orange fender and hood with some wrinkle finish paint (or brake fluid spill), you'll have to move that black piece out of the way so I can get a better look.

Auto Transport Service
Back