• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's with black attire?

Way too sinister for me…no way I’d get an instant boner with her while she orders me to undress and threaten to sit on my face…no way…
Where is you sense of adventure? :poke:

Old age catching up to you?
:rofl:

Where is you sense of adventure? :poke:

Old age catching up to you?
:rofl:
Lol, have encountered the ravages of aging and pudging looking in da mirror while still able otherwise…no clue how long that will last either. Was a time when gals would be coming up to me interested…now it’s a lot of young lady giggling when I’m not in any way looking to have any encounters, just them kidding each other on how icky it would be to get too close to some old **** like me. Da adventure remains, the reality is gone..

I personally find black boring. I prefer color. Pastel and "high impact" surfer and salt water fishing theme t shirts. Blue jeans when I carry, otherwise different color board shorts. My sneakers - the brighter the better!
But get used to it. The future doesnt look much better as the official uniform of teens is black yoga pants for girls and black hoodies and sweats for the guys.

Last edited:
View attachment 1206433
upload_2021-12-11_18-45-21.jpeg

^^this^^

Wearing black and cool started around this time.

My default t-shirt color was always black... until we got our Pug. Now it's lighter colors. I got tired of looking like I'm wearing a "fur t-shirt".

20210501_145012.jpg

I had to point out to one of my female helpers years ago that wearing black spandex to make your *** look smaller doesn’t change the fact that you still have a big ***.

How long were you in the hospital? :lol:

I had to point out to one of my female helpers years ago that wearing black spandex to make your *** look smaller doesn’t change the fact that you still have a big ***.
So the story goes, you didn't see them for three days and when you did, it was a little bit at a time out of one eye!!!:lol:

Black shows lint, dust and hair, but I wear it. I have several black leather coats I wear when it starts getting cold and of course, black western boots. My boot collection has different colors and skins. I'll wear any color, but pink!!!

Black makes other colors pop, and if you’re in the sales industry, standing out is of the utmost importance. When a logo is on a black background, it draws your eye to the logo. There is a whole science behind this, and I’m sure many studies have been done to maximize the human behavior aspect.

Anybody who’s been in the film or photography industry can tell you about “white balance”. Since white is not technically a color, but every color is based off of white, a camera needs to have a baseline to guage all colors against. When you are running a movie camera, the first thing you do is do a white balance, fill the entire screen of the viewer with a pure white card, let the camera focus on that, and that sets all of the other colors based on that. If you white balance with an off color white, all of the colors will be off as well. It’s a science that people don’t realize, and don’t understand the importance of, but it makes a big difference from scene to scene, that the camera be white balanced to the same white every time.

The human eye cannot focus on white, since it is not a color, but to try a small experiment of your own, if you are painting something such as a wall in a room at your house, and you are using white for the door trim, paint the wall the color you want, and don’t be careful about getting a little paint on the trim, then take a picture of it. Then, cut in the trim with as straight of a line as you can, and retake the picture. You will be amazed at how much different the color looks when the camera has a distinct break line to differentiate the color from the white.

Yes, I worked in the film industry, and I’m pretty good at realizing how science manipulates color, and how studies are used to manipulate our buying techniques and patterns. That’s why cars are no longer all black, as Henry would’ve had it, or why Enzo only painted his cars red.

I have a boatload of black T-shirts from when I had to wear them when in uniform in the A.F; until they changed the rules to wearing OD green shirts. Yeah I hate wearing black on hot sunny days too, but what's a Mother to do when you got so many that need to be worn???????

Black makes other colors pop, and if you’re in the sales industry, standing out is of the utmost importance. When a logo is on a black background, it draws your eye to the logo. There is a whole science behind this, and I’m sure many studies have been done to maximize the human behavior aspect.

Anybody who’s been in the film or photography industry can tell you about “white balance”. Since white is not technically a color, but every color is based off of white, a camera needs to have a baseline to guage all colors against. When you are running a movie camera, the first thing you do is do a white balance, fill the entire screen of the viewer with a pure white card, let the camera focus on that, and that sets all of the other colors based on that. If you white balance with an off color white, all of the colors will be off as well. It’s a science that people don’t realize, and don’t understand the importance of, but it makes a big difference from scene to scene, that the camera be white balanced to the same white every time.

The human eye cannot focus on white, since it is not a color, but to try a small experiment of your own, if you are painting something such as a wall in a room at your house, and you are using white for the door trim, paint the wall the color you want, and don’t be careful about getting a little paint on the trim, then take a picture of it. Then, cut in the trim with as straight of a line as you can, and retake the picture. You will be amazed at how much different the color looks when the camera has a distinct break line to differentiate the color from the white.

Yes, I worked in the film industry, and I’m pretty good at realizing how science manipulates color, and how studies are used to manipulate our buying techniques and patterns. That’s why cars are no longer all black, as Henry would’ve had it, or why Enzo only painted his cars red.
When testing either a new or repaired camera we always shot a neutral density gray card along with the white card and the color test card.
Since our cameras were fixed focus and aperture we needed to ensure all cameras were set the same so processing in the lab went quicker and fotos were more consistent with less color correction.
Nowadays everything is done digitally and none of that other stuff is even a concern.

Auto Transport Service
Back