• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's with Ham's at Easter?

69a100

Local time
9:53 AM
Reaction score
Doesn't anybody do a Leg-O-Lamb at Easter, or are they just to scared to try something different? I associate ham's with T-giving and X-mas more so than with Easter, although I like the traditional English X-mas dinner of a Roast Beast and Yorkshire pudding.
Sacrificing a lamb for Easter just seems more appropriate without getting Religious or Political!!
Tomorrow's supposed to be nice enough to grill so grilled L-O-L for Easter dinner, what's you having?

On Sunday I'm heading over to join my mom at her assisted living facility's Easter buffet spread. I talked to her last night and she told me the menu, and said they have leg of lamb. She may have mentioned them having ham too, but I had got too caught up drooling at the thought of leg of lamb so anything else on the menu she mentioned went in one ear and out the other!

It depend on where you live. Out here in Iowa we are the #1 pork producer in the US so of course we eat ham.

When I was young, my grandma on my dad's side would cook a rabbit or two that I had shot that winter. It was always great, but I have never eaten one as good as she made it.

My mom was born on New Year's Day so we always had LOL w/bacon (of course), her favorite. I can't even remember what was on the Easter menu. My wife is a better cook than my mom and she makes a mean Yorkshire pudding!
Mike

Our Traditional Polish menu, fresh & smoked sausage, ham, hard boiled eggs, fresh rye bread, butter lamb, horseradish, all Blessed on Saturday at Our Church.
At Sunday lunch, we have a soup, called Borscht. It's made from the broth cooking the sausage, adding vinegar, crème, bacon, and seasoning. You basically take all the menu items above, cut them up at table, and add the broth. I used to enjoy several bowls at lunch, but I'm down to 1 good sized serving now. We used to do a ham dinner later towards evening, but all the Big eaters are now gone...
Bless You All, on This Sacred Celebration, and Remember the Reason for It !!!

Last edited:
Turkey for Thanksgiving and Ham for Christmas and Easter. Oh, crab legs for Christmas eve.

Boneless leg of lamb on the Pit Barrel Cooker this Easter Sunday! Ham or Prime Rib for Christmas. Lamb may not be as easy to get? But, once you've had a quality lamb roast cooked right, there's no going back ...

mmmm-ham (2).jpg
Yeah, I like to cook a leg of lamb on the grill with oregano, plenty of garlic and olive oil
with lump charcoal and some hickory. Problem is, I'm the only one that likes it so we
are going to our Daughter's and having Ham!

Last edited:
Boneless leg of lamb on the Pit Barrel Cooker this Easter Sunday! Ham or Prime Rib for Christmas. Lamb may not be as easy to get? But, once you've had a quality lamb roast cooked right, there's no going back ...
Prime Rib. Now you're talking. I haven't pulled the trigger on a $140 slab of meat for the smoker yet. A $50+ brisket is my limit. LOL

brisket6.jpg

Roast Beef = Christmas
Turkey = Thanksgiving
Ham = Easter.

As God intended.

(I think)

A good Spiral ham that feeds the family $8 at Meijer 60% off.
Leg of lamb for the same family $35

Though we do like lamb and have it occasionally.

Auto Transport Service
Back