• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whatsup with these shifter boots?

beeguy

Banned
Banned
Local time
4:46 PM
Reaction score
My '70 Bee 4 spd has a more rounded shift boot, I'm the second owner so it hasn't been messed with.

The new boot and ring I got are more square, I contacted the vendor and told them there was a mistake and he said there was only one choice for '70 and that was it. the pictures of '69 boots I looked at are more square as well. any ideas ?

Would be curious to know which boot yer talking about. Is it a console or not? I had to get an "A" body boot for my 66 with the Inland shifter.

DCP_2528.jpg

The original boots for pistol grip shifters had a round hole in the boot like your original. The repos were done with a rectangular hole which is actually supposed to fit the shifter handle better but is not technically resto correct.

I guess I discribed my problem poorly, but I see what you're saying about the rectangle Hurst handle which I do have.

My problem is the floor hump is shaped for a rounded oval shaped boot and hold down ring, like the pictures A383WING posted here, in fact I'll bet his would fit my car. The ones they sent me and say I need are more rectangle shaped like my Challenger is. by the way I don't have a console if that matters.

My 70 Road Runner bench seat (non-console) came with the oval boot and when I had the carpet out the hole in the tranny tunnel was oval as well. I think 70s cars with consoles had square boots. Year One has pictures of the various boots they carry, you might look there and check the pics.

Auto Transport Service
Back