• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheel Bearing Dust Cap

RS16017

Local time
10:28 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good Dorman Part# for a dust cap for the front hub on a '67 Belvedere. The computer calls for a 13976, which is a 1 9/16" but it doesn't fit.

I don't know if yours is the same as my '66, but I had a heck of a time finding one that fit. The computers all call for something that's too small. One was closer, but it wasn't deep enough and wouldn't go on due to the spindle making contact with it. I don't know if it's because of mine being a Hemi car or what. I had the same problem with front brake shoes (none of the computers show it as having 11"x3" shoes since the Hemi was new in '66). I finally had an older Napa guy measure my dust cap (the younger people weren't as successful in their measuring) and he ordered me part number BK 730-2412 and it worked. He actually breaks out the old books and finds stuff that way. It's a little tight, and not quite right, but it stays on - unlike the ones that weren't even close. Best thing would probably be to find an old one off a parts/junk car, though.

Not sure if you have a Napa store close to you? but both my front caps were beat to he//
I asked for a pair for a 67 dodge coronet and they fit just fine, had to wait 1 day for them to come into my local store.
Its been a few, prob 3 years since I got them so I don't have a number but can get you one if needed , just pm me. You are talking about stock oem hubs right ?

I could not find any that fit either, finally took a hammer to the "new" ones I thought would fit, warped them enough so at least they stay on. Would like to find the correct ones (this was for an '65 Abody).

I don't know if yours is the same as my '66, but I had a heck of a time finding one that fit. The computers all call for something that's too small. One was closer, but it wasn't deep enough and wouldn't go on due to the spindle making contact with it. I don't know if it's because of mine being a Hemi car or what. I had the same problem with front brake shoes (none of the computers show it as having 11"x3" shoes since the Hemi was new in '66). I finally had an older Napa guy measure my dust cap (the younger people weren't as successful in their measuring) and he ordered me part number BK 730-2412 and it worked. He actually breaks out the old books and finds stuff that way. It's a little tight, and not quite right, but it stays on - unlike the ones that weren't even close. Best thing would probably be to find an old one off a parts/junk car, though.

Thank you that was helpful to me. I last went through this last century, and the cap I tricked up back then finally fell off. NAPA had BK 7302412 today and it worked. I had to tap it on, so it should stay there for a while. This is for 1968 Plymouth RR.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a good Dorman Part# for a dust cap for the front hub on a '67 Belvedere. The computer calls for a 13976, which is a 1 9/16" but it doesn't fit.
Too big or too small?

All the dust caps dorman sells are too short for Mopars. Rick Ehernberg sells the correct ones. If you don't want them falling off and rattling around inside your center cap, go here and get some. ricks-mopars | eBay Stores

Thank you that was helpful to me. I last went through this last century, and the cap I tricked up back then finally fell off. NAPA had BK 7302412 today and it worked. I had to tap it on, so it should stay there for a while. This is for 1968 Plymouth RR.
Oh man lol. Whenever I needed something for my 66, I just told them it was for a 68 road runner too!! It's been years since buying from the locals but even in the 90's, that's what I had to do. And everyone pretty much knows what a road runner is....but no one ever heard of a Belvedere! Even told a few that the 68 rr had the Belvedere badges on it.....

I went through this exercise recently with my '94 F150. All the parts stores around my area only carried the Dorman, which didn't fit. No longer available from Ford (Canada anyway). Wound up getting a couple for a trailer axle (from Princess Auto, for you Canadians) that fit perfectly.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back