• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheel sizing 1970 B body

TexasRoadRunner68

Local time
5:03 AM
Reaction score
Found a set of 15x7 and 15x8.5 centerlines with 3” backspacing. I’m assuming these should fit my charger just fine?

How wide can you fit up front with a 3” BS without running into issues?

3" backspacing? I believe that will be a problem.

It would probably be better with more backspace, both front and rear. But if you stay conservative on the front, and with a chargers wide open rear wheelwell, you should be okay. Just don't press your luck with the biggest you think you can get.
Seems I remember seeing a thread by Kern Dog about interference in the inner rear tub on chargers of that vintage.

15x7 on the front with 4.25" bs is far better. And on the rear, you will want 4.5" bs on a 15x8.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how well the 10x15s fit with 5” BS on the rear? It appears that they only come in 5” bs at that size, but you can get a draglite in 10x15 with 5.5” BS.

Any issues with rubbing at only 5” BS?

A true 3" backspace is odd. Lots of aftermarket wheels are 3.5 - 3.75" backspace and of course lots of guys use them.

Auto Transport Service
Back