• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wheel swap black steel to magnum 500s

1967coronet

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:32 PM
Reaction score
painted this old set of magnums and added a set of el cheapo tires.
just to change it up for awhile.
What do you think, black steel or the magnums ?
20200514_201031.jpg
005 (800x600).jpg

Last edited:
Difficult decision, but I like the black steel wheels more. The white lettered tires give an extra advantage.

Before I saw the picture, I thought I'd prefer the magnums......I like the black steel wheels on your car though. Looks great!

Magnums. I'm not part of the whole black steelie crowd...

Magnums for me. The trim ring magnums on the 66-67's look cool to me although most of my 67's have the chrome magnums.

I'm a big Magnum 500 fan...but I think the steelies look better in this instance. I think the trim rings and black sidewalls are swaying my decision in favor of the steelies though - it's not quite apples for apples.

The steelies look good.

Chrome Magnums look great on 66/77.

My mind's eye associates trim ring Magnums with later cars- specifically post 1970.

MY 67 has been wearing the 69-up style wheels with the trim rings for many years. I'm thinking of a change too. Possibly Torque Thrusts? But the steelies do look good with the chrome lugnuts...

2018070395212228.jpg

The Magnum 500 wheel is an all chrome wheel. The Mopar Road Wheel , looks like a magnum , but uses a clip on trim ring.
Mopar never made any 15 inch Magnum 500 or Road wheels , only Ford had those.
In the aftermarket you can get 15 inch , in both Magnum 500 and Road wheels.

Frank

I prefer the steelies, I think both look great on your car. But.... I like my steelies with dog dishes much more than the naked look.

Auto Transport Service
Back