• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheels & tires...

Well I found out why nobody has the Cragar rims I'm looking for. I called Cragar and they said production was shut down for parts of the summer because they moved their production from the west coast to the east coast and they are getting their productions going again. Will not see the rims anytime soon.

I was referring too the question posted by 66 Charger concerning the 390 Street Pro Wheel... which can be ordered with any offset required.

Hi 67 Mopar,
Where do you recommend ordering where I can specify 5 " BS for the 390C street pro wheels? I don't see options on sites like jegs?

Thank you
528hemi

Some outfits do offer online options for this, but generally speaking, orders like this are usually handled over the phone.

Some outfits do offer online options for this, but generally speaking, orders like this are usually handled over the phone.
I emailed Crager, unfortunately they don't offer them with 5" BS.
Now I need to find another nice wheel.

528hemi

I ordered my 15 X 10 Cragar 390's with a custom 5" backspace through Summit Racing, over the phone.
Cragar doesn't offer them "Off The Shelf" with a 5" BS... wheels with a custom BS are available at a minimal additional cost.

I ordered my 15 X 10 Cragar 390's with a custom 5" backspace through Summit Racing, over the phone.
Cragar doesn't offer them "Off The Shelf" with a 5" BS... wheels with a custom BS are available at a minimal additional cost.

Thanks 67

Going to call Summit. When ordering a 15x10 with 5 inch BS do you still need to specify a -12mm offset or that is implied with a 5 inch BS? Will a 0mm offset work as well with the 295-50-15's on a 66 charger

(-12mm) Offset equates to roughly a 5" backspace on a 10" Wheel. Near perfect centering for a 295/50/15 on the rear of a 1st Gen.
("0") Offset equates to a 5.5" Backspace on a 10" Wheel. This would be a no-go situation with the same 295/50 tire.

(-12mm) Offset equates to roughly a 5" backspace on a 10" Wheel. Near perfect centering for a 295/50/15 on the rear of a 1st Gen.
("0") Offset equates to a 5.5" Backspace on a 10" Wheel. This would be a no-go situation with the same 295/50 tire.

well I called summit and they cant custom order at this time. I think I will go with coker magnum 500s.
they have the 15x10 with 5" BS. Now I need opinions on front wheels. 15x8 or 15x7? Currently running 275x60x15 on rear (going to 295x50x15) and 215x65x15 on front (which is not recommended on 15x8's) so would need to buy new 235x60x15s or buy the 15x7" front wheels?

What would you do? I am undecided with the front and need opinions.
528hemi

pictures of my 66 charger 15 inch steel wheels

1966 Dodge Charger 1.3 meg.jpg 1966 Dodge Charger #2 1.3meg.jpg

What did you do to get the hubcaps to work? 15" trim rings? I started on that project... maybe time to get back to it.

14 inch ring welded to the wheels. stock 14 inch hubs. Stockton wheel made them for me 18 years ago.
probably will end up selling them at some point. 8" back 4.5 BS and fronts are 6"

528hemi

Interesting, I was trying to rework the cap to fit the wheel.
I had 245/60-15's on an 8" rim on the front of mine but they kept catching on the wheel lip molding.
A 235/60-15 on an 8" would be close depending on how high you have your front end set up.

14 inch ring welded to the wheels. stock 14 inch hubs. Stockton wheel made them for me 18 years ago.
probably will end up selling them at some point. 8" back 4.5 BS and fronts are 6"

528hemi

You mentioned you might sell the wheels at some point. I would be very interested in the wheels if you do sell them

Auto Transport Service
Back