• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where can I buy roof rail retainer seals and screws? Pics inside

The seal that goes between the roof and stainless trim is a sponge material that is available for car applications from various vendors. It is very similar to the weatherstripping tape that you would purchase at Home Depot / Lowes for home use. The car application is unique for the width and thickness and is relatively inexpensive. The screws that holds the roof rail stainless trim in place is a very unique phillips head that is relatively difficult to come by. A couple of the vendors stock them. They have a very shallow head with a broad shoulder if that makes sense. For the roof rail weatherstrip, I strongly suggest to our customers to try to reuse their originals or purchase the Steele variety as opposed to the Metro piece. The Steele piece is almost double the price, but at least the door glass will roll up into the channel properly. For the weatherstrip that goes on the front edge of the door glass, I strongly suggest using the factory Mopar pieces. Depending upon who you buy them from, the original weatherstripping will be $20 to $50 more for a pair verses the reproductions. Hopefully this will give you guys some insight into those areas.
I know this is an old thread but I thought you might have the answer. I have a 66 Belvedere II that I am building but never disassembled. Is there a piece of trim that runs in-between the roof rail and the headliner on the inside or does the roof rail just butt up right to the headliner?

I would think that there is a garnish molding that covers the edge of the headliner where it pulls up tight to the pinch weld to the roof structure and inner roof. Then the roof rail seal will lay slightly over onto the garnish molding to seal the upper door frame. A picture would be probably more beneficial to explain what I am saying. Try to look under the service manuals at www.mymopar.com or the parts manual in section 23 to get a better ideal on the pieces that should be there.

I would think that there is a garnish molding that covers the edge of the headliner where it pulls up tight to the pinch weld to the roof structure and inner roof. Then the roof rail seal will lay slightly over onto the garnish molding to seal the upper door frame. A picture would be probably more beneficial to explain what I am saying. Try to look under the service manuals at www.mymopar.com or the parts manual in section 23 to get a better ideal on the pieces that should be there.
Thank you!

Auto Transport Service
Back