• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where can I find this part?

He needs the yoke from the steering box. I'm guessing most people pull the columns and leave the yoke.

I found one for sale for the OP, sending PM.

And he doesnt have one. Emailed back and forth with the seller today. So I am still looking.

That sucks. The 73 parts book says b-body only. Don't know if it was used for other years/applications.

I took some measurements for comparison; the total height of the yoke is 1 7/16". The gap between the mounting surface (yoke to rubber puck) and the body that attaches to the sector shaft is 5/16." Inside measurement is 9/16ths between the splines.

I couldn't find a 72/73 C-body photo to compare. I did find a 1971 coupler (page 2 in the link below). The yoke is on the steering shaft side, not the box side. It IS splined, but I have no idea what size/spline count. We need someone who has access to a 71/72 parts book to take a look.

{EDIT} If you look at the photos below it's obvious that the 71 c-body yoke is shorter than 1 7/16". However, the Land Rover puck is taller than stock so if by some tremendous stroke of luck the spline count and shaft size is the same, it would probably work.

https://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/threads/steering-coupler-needed.24710/page-2

universal-jpg.jpg

universal1-jpg.jpg

universal2-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back