• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where did you and your car go today

Hey-O

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:28 AM
Reaction score
I know it cold and nasty in most parts of the country, but many that live in warmer parts are blessed to be able to get out for a joy ride. It's been nice here in Missouri a few days here and there. What is the definition of a nice day, dry, clean and free of salt dust. I know I'm retired, but I get out every chance I get during the day warm or cold if only to run to the store. This was Sunday Shopping on old main street in St Charles Mo.
20181216_191857.jpg

I know it cold and nasty in most parts of the country, but many that live in warmer parts are blessed to be able to get out for a joy ride. It's been nice here in Missouri a few days here and there. What is the definition of a nice day, dry, clean and free of salt dust. I know I'm retired, but I get out every chance I get during the day warm or cold if only to run to the store. This was Sunday Shopping on old main street in St Charles Mo.View attachment 692732

Very nice stance on your Coronet.

Wish I could go for a drive.. My 66 Charger is in hibernation till March.

Mine sat in the garage on jack stands while I went to work.

Nice you were able to get it out!

I took mine a couple of times around the block yesterday. We've had quite a lot of rain to wash off any salt and it was about 45* with sunshine. Felt good to get the chance!

That is a nice Coronet. The Cragers always look good on the early B bodies :thumbsup:

Your '65 looks AWESOME ! ! ! Everything up here in Western New York ( Buffalo), is PUT TO BED... I spent today, the last day of NYS Deer Season, Muzzle Loader, in my tree stand. Saw a yearling, and his Mom, and watched the sunset, on a pretty nice day, high in the mid 20's...

Last edited:
I know it cold and nasty in most parts of the country, but many that live in warmer parts are blessed to be able to get out for a joy ride. It's been nice here in Missouri a few days here and there. What is the definition of a nice day, dry, clean and free of salt dust. I know I'm retired, but I get out every chance I get during the day warm or cold if only to run to the store. This was Sunday Shopping on old main street in St Charles Mo.View attachment 692732
Great looking car and a classy picture....So did you get a shave or cut?

Cool ride and picture. I wish I could get mine out, we have had decent weather lately but there is still a lot of salt dust on the roads. I did fire it up yesterday just to get the blood pumping

Well Bill, no shave today! Actually, I'm at the far end of main street in that picture. There can be thousands of people there and no parking or too crowded parking, not parking my car there anyway. During the week parking is nice on the old cobblestone streets and the photo ops are beautiful against the backdrop of old buildings. It's a place many car and motorcycles like to be seen and driven, the speed limit on the street is about zero. If you park there you can expect a herd of people around your car when you come back and all of it in good fun. This time of year it's about as festive as it gets decorated to the max in Christmas cheer. All this going on about 5 miles from my house. This is a link to the goings on and pictures so you guys get an idea of the overall experiences.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...ationId=101&albumid=101&filter=7&ff=222794397

Ahem....that's not Main St. Its Second st.
Shorty's barber shop used to be in the left half of that building. His son owns the hvac business.
Got my hair cut many a time by Shorty when I was a kid. Dad worked down the street at 729 N. 2nd at Preston Furniture. A friend owns the floral shop a block or so away.
Good thing we had some rain to wash away the snow melt chemicals. St. Charles goes nuts with that stuff 48 hours before the snow is to fall.

I turned it around so it's facing out of the garage. I needed to get it closer to the wall and back further to make room for my snowblower. Man I hate the f@#$%^ winter.

IMG_5984.JPG

Ahem....that's not Main St. Its Second st.
Shorty's barber shop used to be in the left half of that building. His son owns the hvac business.
Got my hair cut many a time by Shorty when I was a kid. Dad worked down the street at 729 N. 2nd at Preston Furniture. A friend owns the floral shop a block or so away.
Good thing we had some rain to wash away the snow melt chemicals. St. Charles goes nuts with that stuff 48 hours before the snow is to fall.
Your right!! Those that were born in St Charles still think of it as French town. I still think of it as main street as far as shops and fun. Three doors down at the corner my wife's uncle had a small grocery store in the late 50's. Bought my first bedroom set at Preston's 38 years ago. My wife's family lived on sixth and decatur. My wife's family goes back to 1864 in St Charles

Yep, that would be the south end of "Frogtown".
Pundmann Ford was a block away at the rr tracks, a cousin was service mgr back in the 60s.
Dad still worked at Preston's 38 yrs ago.
And Iirc Shorty's was a cafe at one time called Skeddy's.

Yep, that would be the south end of "Frogtown".
Pundmann Ford was a block away at the rr tracks, a cousin was service mgr back in the 60s.
Dad still worked at Preston's 38 yrs ago.
And Iirc Shorty's was a cafe at one time called Skeddy's.
That's so cool!! Can't wait to meet you and trade stories. You I like already!!

I hate to bother you for this, but maybe you could post a few more pics of your '65, when you have a chance, to get some extra views of it.With it being hibernation time up this way, Great cars are few, & far between. My first car was a '65 Coronet 500, in that same color, but had a Black Vinyl Top. Wish I had taken some pics of the car, and kept them...

I hate to bother you for this, but maybe you could post a few more pics of your '65, when you have a chance, to get some extra views of it.With it being hibernation time up this way, Great cars are few, & far between. My first car was a '65 Coronet 500, in that same color, but had a Black Vinyl Top. Wish I had taken some pics of the car, and kept them...
First of all, nothing is a bother! My wife just bought me this coronet in late July, so I don't have a lot of pictures. I'll be taking it out again soon I hope and when I do I'll snap a few for you. I know what you mean about pictures, I had a 1967 Dart GT and a 1969 Dart 340 4 speed. I think I have one of my 67 and none of the 69. I guess I never thought that far ahead. Thank you for asking, I'll honored. By the way, love that van!! I had two in my day, all done up. Only problem is they were Fords, 1964 and 1971.

Absolutely nowhere! Cold, drifting snow and the roads just plain suck! Absolutely nowhere! Don’t see any change in sight for a few months, but it’s Maine, so you just never know. I’ve had it out on Christmas Day a few years back. Fingers crossed!

Ohio.. it's hibernating:(. We did have a bunch of rain to wash the roads plus fairly warm weather so it may get out of the garage this weekend if the weather hold off.

60 and dry, but she is in the air. New TKO.

Auto Transport Service
Back