• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where did you and your car go today

I have been daily driving mine (67 Belvedere) since we have had a pretty mild winter, only picked her up in October and couldn’t just buy it and park it. Running great and the heater even works now thanks to these forums!!

Ahh..I backed my '63 Ply out of its 3rd stall last week and moved it to my wife's bay to install the new garage door finally. Had done the double door early Oct then found the parts to put in the 3rd door were wrong so had to order and wait. Then the weather got too cold until this past weekend so that door's done now. Backed the Ply into its home spot again so I have room to take the driver's seat out for some under dash work. A very brief 'cruise'..lol

I too mine to work then visited my florist friend...next door to where Hey-O took his pic. I would have been parked right behind him.

I too mine to work then visited my florist friend...next door to where Hey-O took his pic. I would have been parked right behind him.

Not too close I hope!!! LOL

This building off of main street in old town St Charles has been used for many things including bus station and taxi cab hub, it's older than dirt. I was out yesterday and thought someone might like it.
20181222_154045 (3).jpg

Drove the Dart around town yesterday finishing up Christmas shopping. The trunk makes a nice hiding spot for wifey's presents.

I have hid anything I can get in the trunk of my car over the years!! To funny,
Drove the Dart around town yesterday finishing up Christmas shopping. The trunk makes a nice hiding spot for wifey's presents.
thanks

The Coronet sits in the garage awaiting its interior and ram charger hood parts.

However, since you didn't ask, "Where did you and your Mopar go today" the 69 El Camino gets driven about every other day thanks to good weather year around in Oklahoma. Christmas will be 60 degrees F.

Works for me, love is love!!
The Coronet sits in the garage awaiting its interior and ram charger hood parts.

However, since you didn't ask, "Where did you and your Mopar go today" the 69 El Camino gets driven about every other day thanks to good weather year around in Oklahoma. Christmas will be 60 degrees F.

I've been actually working on mine lately. Got it where it'll roll AND steer. Just got done sticking the passenger side door on about 15 minutes ago but it's not aligned all that close. It's going into the enclosed trailer so I can use the space it's been taking up so I can work on the 2500 and a couple of other things. Still planning on submitting pics etc to Garage Squad this week hopefully....maybe I'll get lucky. At least it can now be moved around easily!

My wife and I went visiting family today and since the weather was sunny and warmish, I think I said that right, we took the 65. I know there's nothing in the world like a 65 with a true Hemi in it, I'm driving the next best thing! Ok maybe a 440 or a 383, but next to all that I'm driving the next best thing! This modern stuff is hard to beat. Going down the highway at 1700 RPM at 70 MPH is a slice of heaven. Mashing the gas at 70 and feeling the car squat in the back and press you in the seat while going to 130 with ease is a bunch of fun. Disclaimer, ( no one should go that fast and no I'm not a professional, I just have more years behind me than I have ahead of me ). My wife loves it and at the end of the day that works just fine with me, I mean the car NOT driving a 130!! Two pictures, one when we got there and one when we left.
20181223_141729 (2).jpg
20181223_190226.jpg

This building off of main street in old town St Charles has been used for many things including bus station and taxi cab hub, it's older than dirt. I was out yesterday and thought someone might like it. View attachment 694837
A little background on this building.
It was originally a trolley station but St. Charles had no trolley system. I shall explain.
St. Charles Rock Road (MO rt 115) used to carry a streetcar from St. Louis to St. Charles on the corridor that became rt 115. It crossed the MO river at the northern end of Main st. The bridge crossed Main which was at river level and terminated on 2nd st which is up a steep hill from main. The streetcars would circle the station for their return trip. The bridge carried the streetcars until the wooden deck burned. After the fire a steel grate deck was installed and it carried traffic for US 40 (2 lane) which then wandered thru town on its way west. In the 30s an alternate 40 was created and crossed the river several miles up river (South!). It became the present alignment of US 40.In the 70s and 80s the bridge was falling apart and was replaced by a new 6 lane bridge on a new highway (MO rt 370). According to fed law the old bridge was torn down because it had not been supplemented but replaced. It also had a pedestrian crossing which hung outside the superstructure.
I sideswiped that bridge one night in my 65 Sport Fury when I met a Metro bus. Oh yeah...did I mention this bridge had a curve in it right before it got to St. Charles? That's where I met the bus. Scratched the rocker. Two buses couldn't make the turn together.
Last I looked the old station houses a bail bond service. County jail is a block away.

I didn't drive any of my old school Mopars yesterday,but I had a couple Plymouths on my trailer. A 70 U code Cuda,and a 70 V code GTX 4 speed car.

A little background on this building.
It was originally a trolley station but St. Charles had no trolley system. I shall explain.
St. Charles Rock Road (MO rt 115) used to carry a streetcar from St. Louis to St. Charles on the corridor that became rt 115. It crossed the MO river at the northern end of Main st. The bridge crossed Main which was at river level and terminated on 2nd st which is up a steep hill from main. The streetcars would circle the station for their return trip. The bridge carried the streetcars until the wooden deck burned. After the fire a steel grate deck was installed and it carried traffic for US 40 (2 lane) which then wandered thru town on its way west. In the 30s an alternate 40 was created and crossed the river several miles up river (South!). It became the present alignment of US 40.In the 70s and 80s the bridge was falling apart and was replaced by a new 6 lane bridge on a new highway (MO rt 370). According to fed law the old bridge was torn down because it had not been supplemented but replaced. It also had a pedestrian crossing which hung outside the superstructure.
I sideswiped that bridge one night in my 65 Sport Fury when I met a Metro bus. Oh yeah...did I mention this bridge had a curve in it right before it got to St. Charles? That's where I met the bus. Scratched the rocker. Two buses couldn't make the turn together.
Last I looked the old station houses a bail bond service. County jail is a block away.
Your right, Thanks!!! My dad eat the lockup hub off his International Scout on the bridge the same way you did your rocker. Between us these guys are going to get a history car tour of St Charles, like it or not!!! LOL.

Warmed up the car
5EC94856-F388-451A-80AF-80F13EFEA9CC.png

5F012488-162C-4ACD-885A-DD255F6F3697.jpeg

& went down the hill
DBAF63A9-0BD8-45A9-B997-FDE95EDD1E2A.jpeg

Past the Hall winery bunny
6D6D299C-C7A7-4858-BC55-8B009DE1C13A.jpeg
CC0630AA-AADB-4AE2-BA40-04C6B2CF76D1.jpeg

Through Oakville
B3347D40-732E-4447-AA5E-E8234DF85F85.jpeg

To Yountville & back up 29 through St. Helena
058A1D33-37F3-42AB-8918-24FB1004A9C6.jpeg

Then continued on to Calistoga to see the funny palm frond turkey
D65F4331-F428-4965-B781-B9F9B4251498.jpeg
AFF79AF0-1814-4D36-B542-56AB1DE4DEE5.jpeg

Then to the top of Mt. St. Helena
F33DE91C-5042-4F7C-AE5D-53AF8D87DB7F.png
& back home w/out incident.
A Merry Christmas indeed!

Warmed up the car
View attachment 695836
View attachment 695837
& went down the hill
View attachment 695818
Past the Hall winery bunny
View attachment 695820 View attachment 695819
Through Oakville
View attachment 695821
To Yountville & back up 29 through St. Helena
View attachment 695824
Then continued on to Calistoga to see the funny palm frond turkey
View attachment 695828 View attachment 695830
Then to the top of Mt. St. HelenaView attachment 695832& back home w/out incident.
A Merry Christmas indeed!
Now that's what I'm talking about!! Sweet car!! Thanks for the ride through some beautiful country side!

Thanks! It was a very nice day & hardly any traffic. I really enjoyed it because I hadn't had the car out in a WHOLE WEEK because it's been pouring down rain.
The rain is OK though.

Went to fast lane today and looked at some cars.
20181226_131227.jpg
20181226_145738 (2).jpg
20181226_145626.jpg

Fast Lane....I can tell ya some stories about that place. Let the buyer beware.
Its just over the hill from where I work.

Auto Transport Service
Back