• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where did you and your car go today

Got the carb floats...well...floating again yesterday. Took the Charger (most of it - only the driver seat and the shifter in the interior) to Lowes to get some parts for a kitchen I'm building. Damn thing is LOUD with flowmasters and no interior!! Still fun to drive though - and seeing every drivers head on a swivel when I go by. Love that!

Nowhere today either!!!! View attachment 1048391
It IS Obvious you have to much "stuff" and need to give some away!!! I have my own trailer, will be happy to come and get my share at YOUR convenience. The rest of you form a line.
We went no where either. was low 40's Friday, back in the teens Sat., Sun., and today, going back up on Tuesday. So spent a few hours trying to figure out "the combination" of getting the new rear tires under our 66 Satellite. Was 325/50R15 BFG drag radials, now 295/65R15 M/T ET Street S/S. new ones actually about 1/4 inch wider on the ground (roll them over newspaper to check what hits the ground), section width the same. But 2" taller ( 30 tall vs 28) Had to jack it up so old ones 4" of the ground, they just come out. Between the stock rear quarter openings and the 3" long wheel studs it's a project, then deflate tire, Tire a about 45 degree angle top in, one stud a 12 o'clock, lift up and wiggle the bottom in as you clear and line up on other studs.
But they do fill the wheel well. I would take a picture but still only have a flip phone - when I can find it. Have a nice 35mm but it uses film, a Go Pro 7 Black, but that take an APP?? I think. But I also do not know how to get the pictures out of any of them and into the computer. I use the 35 mostly, and have them developed, then I know how to scan them into computer so they can be sent. I'm old not bright.
Any buddy out there wants to try and teach me?

Last edited:
Wife and I took the first drive of 2021. Car ran great and pizza was delicious. My wife is always good company.

13E97396-13E3-4971-957F-26461882CA21.jpeg DBE5C30F-4FD7-4489-9D42-597F9F6E7EB5.jpeg

I sure miss posting in this thread. Soon, soon...
What's up? Something wrong?

Wife and I had Fred out running errands today, a good little test of my recent handiwork on the
Hurst shifter. It felt awesome to have a shifter work like new (since it pretty much is) and an
18-spline feeling tight and precise (since it's reputedly rebuilt).

As always, Fred fetched a lot of attention around town, including a fella with his family who couldn't
believe he was seeing a "real GTX - in the WalMart parking lot!"

It was one of those moments where one is reminded how jaded we can get about owning one of these
critters, where it's no big deal to us to own one - but to someone else who knows what they are,
knows how sort of unusual it is to see one "out in the wild" and not at a car show, it's a special thing
to spot one out and about like that.

He actually waited in his fancy new club cab pickup, all loaded up with wife and kids, for us to
get Fred fired up and leave just so he could hear it run.
I gave him a little extra rumpity "screech" when driving off and I could see him waving out his
window in my rear view mirror.
This is why we do this - well, it's certainly why I do it - these cars spread a little happy out there
if we'll let them. :thumbsup:

What's up? Something wrong?
Motor mount, fan shroud. Discovered PS leak while digging smoldering shroud piece out of headers & weeping valve cover. Gathering parts & hopefully put the new tranmission in & possibly new steering box (Borg/FF debate) while it's down already. I've learned to be patient - kind of...

I sure miss posting in this thread. Soon, soon...
I thank all of you for posting on this thread!! If you only drive a few feet, it fun to see all these great cars and most of all, the people and families that are brought together because of our hobby. This thread is dedicated to all that drive for the fun of driving and sharing our cars with others. Let The Horses Run!!! Ulli

Hoping to drive to my brothers to finish stripping a 440 block to send to the machine shop. Motor build getting started. :)

A13F4E65-58DA-42A1-AC8A-9EF0EC3161A6.jpeg 8F837848-4B7C-4F8A-AD18-FC7B9D95FFE4.jpeg 15EE970E-64E4-4D53-96F6-1F5FC32BD0CC.jpeg

Motor mount, fan shroud. Discovered PS leak while digging smoldering shroud piece out of headers & weeping valve cover. Gathering parts & hopefully put the new tranmission in & possibly new steering box (Borg/FF debate) while it's down already. I've learned to be patient - kind of...
Oh, that's right, I remember seeing your post on that now. A thousand pardons, sahib!

I woke "Old Yellar" ('67 Coronet R/T) up from her winter snooze. and drove into town for a fill up with Sunoco 93 to dilute last fall's gas and Stabil. It was $1.48 per liter; about 4 liters per U.S. gallon. I put about 40 miles on it this afternoon. It is a beautiful spring day here in southern Ontario. I live about 2 miles north of north shore of Lake Erie, so I drove the Lake Road home. the lake was ice free and smooth as glass. It was a wonderful drive and great to get out in my old car.
The parts I ordered for putting Vintage Air into my '64 Polara are supposed to be delivered tomorrow, so I will be working on that project.
IMG_3215.jpg

Beautiful car!!! I like the color!!

@Hey-O- Since you mentioned "a few feet" I'll say I pulled it out of the shed to degrease (PS fluid) under the hood.
And then I'll admit to driving around the block to air it out after it warmed up. I couldn't help myself! The sound of the engine cried out to me and I did say patient- KIND OF.
I made sure to take a route with no traffic & not having to pull out in front of anyone. I'm only human, dang it!
I inspired myself to get it back on road ASAP at least.

I moved Friday and went back today to pick up my coronet to bring her home.
20210331_174913.jpg
20210331_174957.jpg

Just up and down the road and then caught the good Friday service. Loving the tanks, Inc fuel system and the dynamic 9 1/2 4200. With the 4.10 and drag radials... ME thinks the 510 is going to be A LOT of fun:)

20210402_135329.jpg 20210402_135338.jpg

Last edited:
Just up and down the road and then caught the good Friday service. Loving the tanks, Inc fuel system and the dynamic 9 1/2 4200. With the 4.10 and drag radials... ME thinks the 510 is going to be A LOT of fun:)

View attachment 1092242 View attachment 1092243
At one point I had a 4spd ahead of a 9" with 5:67s , 28" MHs , you could launch that thing in 2nd gear. :D
Anyhow, took the old 67 to the car wash today and sprayed the bugs off.
Got to service it and were ready.
70s here today.

Drug store for pop, milk, bread and most importantly chocolate chip cookies.. lol Short cruise around town this round with us under full stay at home orders and still not sure on the OPP's stance on harassing us about where we're going..
1969dartdrugstorerunapril182021 008.JPG

Took my AC parts and gauges and my 4 barrel project parts to the shop.

20210408_170549.jpg

20210408_170614.jpg

Can't wait to get the AC working again!

I actually drove around for about 45 minutes today to get car warm to look for leaks & tighten valve covers.
I drove a ways to a farm & took a picture for a new avatar.
The huge pile of BS was gone so I substituted horse manure...
8831F52D-D83A-41CE-AAB3-CED702A8071A.jpeg

It seems fitting these days.

Auto Transport Service
Back