• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where did you and your car go today

My car sat and watched...while I fired this little hooligan up for the first time in 5 years, and went for a rip:

IMG_20240429_200039473_HDR.jpg

I forgot how rowdy this thing was - wah-HOO!!

Took the 330 for its 2nd test drive this wk. It's been since the late 90's since it's been on the road. Finely has a motor now, a 499" I put in about a yr & 1/2 ago.

I dropped the front jets some for this test drive (should've dropped the squirters some) cause it smelled too rich, leaving a black cloud after acceleration, and seemed to be wet fouling the plugs. So I'm getting it closer to road worthy again. Took it for a spin around the country block like it used too back in the last century. I don't test drive it as far now days, there are police that live out here in the country now. It still has a few more issues to iron out.

Drove it about 3/4 of a mile with 1 launch letting off after 1st shift, turned around and 2 launches on the return with more throttle each launch then back to the garage. Later noticed the fuel gauge an 1/8 less, but there was a warm-up. Not complaining tho.
:)

That looks really uncomfortable.

It's not bad.

This bike, you don't just sit. You move around. Hang off the sides in the turns, slide back at speed to brake (unless you want to go over the bars), slide forward to accelerate (if you want to keep the front end on the ground)...and giggle most of the time. It weighs about 390, has 115 HP and just under 100 lb-ft. Handles like a go kart, accelerates like a hemi (loud, smelly, and lumpy cams), and stops like an F1 car with a massive 6 piston front brake.

It's an experience.

That looks really uncomfortable.
I love motorcycle and have had more than a few. My comfort zone is defined by handlebar, seat and foot control location. Sit up, forward foot controls and the bars pulled back. I've ridden a few like that and for the long haul, his would never do. When Polywideblock posts his bike pictures, that what I look for. Now that's all out the way, Triplegreen500's bike is a adrenaline rush that passes the wind!! As far as type of pocket rocket, that one is sweet and if I recall, is hand built in this country. It's a nice choice in rockets!!

I love motorcycle and have had more than a few. My comfort zone is defined by handlebar, seat and foot control location. Sit up, forward foot controls and the bars pulled back. I've ridden a few like that and for the long haul, his would never do. When Polywideblock posts his bike pictures, that what I look for. Now that's all out the way, Triplegreen500's bike is a adrenaline rush that passes the wind!! As far as type of pocket rocket, that one is sweet and if I recall, is hand built in this country. It's a nice choice in rockets!!
Correct.

East Troy, WI.

The frames had gone automated by '98, but I also have a '95 and a '96 that were, literally, hand built. Like, in 2008, I was at the factory and met "the guy" who welded my frames. Precut tubing, jig table, welded by hand.

My '95 cut a deer in half a few years ago, but here's my '96:

IMG_20230517_193752229.jpg

I like my feet under me, leaning into the wind. Athletic "ready" position. I've tried the "cruiser" feet forward bit, but after a few miles my spine starts to compress on bumps and I have to get off. Feet-under is more like horseback riding , you can take weight with your feet and use your legs/knees as shock absorbers. I RODE my '95 to that factory event I mentioned. MD to WI, and back.

Correct.

East Troy, WI.

The frames had gone automated by '98, but I also have a '95 and a '96 that were, literally, hand built. Like, in 2008, I was at the factory and met "the guy" who welded my frames. Precut tubing, jig table, welded by hand.

My '95 cut a deer in half a few years ago, but here's my '96:

View attachment 1656634

I like my feet under me, leaning into the wind. Athletic "ready" position. I've tried the "cruiser" feet forward bit, but after a few miles my spine starts to compress on bumps and I have to get off. Feet-under is more like horseback riding , you can take weight with your feet and use your legs/knees as shock absorbers. I RODE my '95 to that factory event I mentioned. MD to WI, and back.
There's a lot to like, but nothing is better than a v twin set up. I like it. If I recall, Harley owned them last. Is it hard to get parts now.

Auto Transport Service
Back