• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where did you and your car go today

Took the Plymouth to Des Moines to the Good guys event on Saturday. Yesterday went to Waterloo to get some time with the new grandson. Was a great 2 days of fun so today I need to get some work done.
Those 2 kids will color all day.

DED3A35B-7FAC-433C-A934-21B91B2F0EB9.jpeg

300C34B5-90BD-4AAA-A9A4-11452E879E9B.jpeg

7E52CF04-78B5-475E-BDDC-314F5B84799B.jpeg

D8F4DAD1-BD19-4333-83DE-2BE97A5AC252.jpeg

Drove the Coronet all weekend. As long as the temperature is under 90 degrees F, I'll drive that all day long. The A/C has been in-op since 1986. I've never been worried about the air, though. It's all there and hooked up. There are two bad seals. But, now that I'm at the age where my joints pop all the time, it seems; I'm going to completely remove the factory heat/air and roll with an OldAir system. Everything is less than $1,700 delivered, and installation shouldn't be a huge headache.

I love driving that car! I've been showing all the love and attention on the Imperial convertible over the past nine months or so. The Coronet needed to stretch its legs somewhat. At 3,000 RPM (73 mph according to the GPS machine), it sounds pretty damned magnificent!

Last edited:
Drove mine the entire 4th weekend. It was beautiful after work on Friday all they way through last night. Went to dinner and a cruise night in it Saturday. I put hundreds of miles on it. Damn, 3 tanks of gas over $6.00 per gallon for 93 adds up. Even had two different people on two different days say. "I see this car everywhere". I just reply, that is what they are meant for, to be driven.

IMG_0846.jpg

Drove mine the entire 4th weekend. It was beautiful after work on Friday all they way through last night. Went to dinner and a cruise night in it Saturday. I put hundreds of miles on it. Damn, 3 tanks of gas over $6.00 per gallon for 93 adds up. Even had two different people on two different days say. "I see this car everywhere". I just reply, that is what they are meant for, to be driven.

View attachment 1308546
Love the color!!

Thanks, not bad for 40+ year old paint, but it's getting worn and has it's fair share of dings and scratches over the years for still being un restored.
It's prefect!! My cars were as clean on the bottom side as they were on top. That means nothing to me anymore. I woke up one morning and decided if I can't drive it across the country, I don't want it. I get it, I don't really want to drive around in the rain in a sweet old Mopar, but, I'm saving money to pass on after my death, not some car they may not want, the car is for me, NOW. My car is a really clean driver and I drive the hell out of it. If I wanted garage furniture, I'd get a recliner, in red!! You know what I always say.... Let The Horses Run!!!

Went for a cruise today, man is it hot! The a/c was on and I just got on the highway, set the cruise control on 70 and let it run.
20220712_114339.jpg
20220712_120622.jpg
20220712_114240.jpg

Cruise control? ^^^^

:)

Nice

watermelon
There comes a time when you pick the car you want and always remember, most importantly, what you want it for. The older I get, the less I care about it being as it was the day it was built. I like the body, the shape, the stainless steel and the forked 440 trim, but I like the 500 rocker and wheel lip trim. Had it been a 383 or a 426, that would have been great, but, it's a Hemi, 5.7 with everything that comes with it and that makes it a whole different animal. I no long have any interest in working on cars. I've had my share and this car meets and exceeds a car that was built to get in and drive. I know most reject my car as it is and I can only say, if you ever drove it, you wouldn't believe how much fun you can have when old meets new. Yes it has cruise control, A/C, computer control, tilt steering, rack and pinion, drive by wire, overdrive transmission (545RFE) , 25 MPG and the ability to fly like the wind, effortlessly, 1700 RPM at 70 MPH. I needed a car to get on the highway and go. In the past, I went stock transmissions with a GV overdrive behind them. This time I wanted, no maintenance and the reliability that only comes with a modern drivetrain. When it's all said and done, it's a Hemi, I ask anyone to pull up along side and see what happens. At the end of the day, it's a Mopar, a 65 Coronet and that's the look I was looking for and the history of being one of the first, 2004, built as a B Body test mule for the rest to follow. 1 of 1. LOL

today was NYS Inspection at a Buddy Service station. Also Meet a FBBO at the local gas station.

I went to an interesting event today. It’s a private party in my hometown about 10 miles east of my current home.
I’d heard about it over the years, but never had an invite and also it was typically the same weekend as our big Mopar show in Belvedere IL, which got moved up a week this year due to Carlisle moving back a week.
Some old friends I’ve known since I was a teen but haven’t talked to in a while contacted me out of the blue last week and said they were invited, and did I want to bring one of my cars? They aren’t car people.
I said sure and picked them up in my convertible. There ended up being over 130 cars there. Food, soft drinks, and tons of car people! Lots of participants did big burnouts as they left.
Gotta envy a guy who can host a party on his property and get that many cars to show up!

Went for a cruise around town today. It's a 101 and thank God for a/c. Ran into a little t - bucket at a light, he was sweating like a pig.
20220724_123834.jpg
20220724_123726.jpg
20220724_123545.jpg

Three different parts stores before I found 3/16 vacuum hose.

Auto Transport Service
Back