• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where did you and your car go today

Find anything good?
Mark, that's a real problem. I have given away things only to replace them with more stuff. There was this young lady looking through her purse for her money to buy a few old record albums and I walked by and dropped a ten spot down as I walked out the door, so no I didn't, but she did!! LOL. I had fun!

Drove to the front of the shop to get ready for decal installation. Lol
4FFFD445-3098-4C69-88C3-2EB2CD149C1C.jpeg

Went for a drive to a buddy's house.
To straighten out the alignment.

Stopped along the way for a few pictures.

20230326_091628.jpg

20230326_091156.jpg

20230326_090854.jpg

That is a great looking car!

One day last week decided to drive it to work.

Might as well. While I can....
Retirement date has been set.

20230307_051847.jpg

You guys get it and that makes owning a classic what it should be, get in and go!! Garage furniture is no value added to me.
If I have one fetish, it's a good picture of a good hood!! Just my opinion.

Oh yea! What a beautiful car, I saw the hood shot in another post, what decals were you doing?

Work. On a Saturday. :( I’ve been daily driving a big block B body every day since spring 2014.:)
D919948D-F192-42DB-A3B9-0C9BBEC75355.jpeg
A6B0BB8E-1CF8-4534-9509-D27B3582A8AD.jpeg

Sun n Fun. Lakeland, Florida. Planes, Choppers, Jets. You name it.

69197882-2BB6-4459-8766-1D3BC8563AA0.jpeg

The wife and I went out the whole day and took the Coronet. First we went to her chiropractor appointment. The people there love our car and I take it there all the time, I think at first they thought it was our daily driver. The doctor came out to check it out. He's about my age and like everyone he had to tell us stories about all the cars from back in the day. From there we went to pick up a prescription at Walgreens and were overtaken by people coming out and taking pictures and asking questions. Out of the five or six that stopped to look, one old guy knew what year it was, but thought it had a 440 because it has coronet 440 on the car, nice try. After about 20 minutes of talking we left, my wife laughed and said this car attacks people like bees to honey, I just laughed and said you should go with me some time to get gas, sometimes that can take awhile!! It was hot and we had the a/c on and pulled up to the light, you can feel people looking at you and then my wife rolls down the window and I look at her, at that point I see an old lady looking at her and they start talking about the car. The light turns green and we have to go. Again my wife is laughing as we pull into the grocery store and park front and center in front of the windows, best spot to watch the car from the store. As we walk in people start to talk about the old car in the parking lot. As we make our way through the store I look at the car as we turn at the endcaps to make our way to the next aisle and I stop, there's a young man taking pictures of the car, it truly makes me smile. We get done and head to the check out and two guys working the registers, one said to me, I assume that's your car and starts asking questions. Again, my wife just grins at me and this time we have to go, we have frozen food and a gallon of milk. I didn't take any pictures, because it's the same thing everytime I go out. I drive it ALL the time, if it's not raining. It's like driving a new car, so to speak. I have no doubt I will about wear this car out before it sits and rots out and I'm glad it's just an old driver because, you only live once and life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" The car will always be maintained, like new and when I'm done, the car will be given away, that's how I roll, God willing.............
20220729_124526 (2).jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back