• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where do these yellow wires connect ?- any suggestions

Dean Prevolos

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:56 PM
Reaction score
Check out this photo of the yellow wires on the underside right side of my dash. I see on the wiring diagram that the yellow wires are for the right door automatic door switch, which I assume has to do with the cabin lights. A prior owner evidently appears to have spliced another wire into the yellow wires or is that correct from the factory?

If it is correct where does it lead to or connect to? Please advise, if you can. Thank you , again.

yellow wires right side.jpg

That crimp-on splice is not factory, but there should be another yellow wire to the other side door switch. There also could have been an under dash courtesy light, which might have been part of an option package.

From the picture it appears to be a factory splice first , and then a repair splice on the beige wire after the factory splice.
you can verify where the beige wire went with your shop manual . It may be faded yellow in fact.

Auto Transport Service
Back