• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where have they all gone ?

I've seen many places close here too. Some were in business over 40 yrs. couldn't keep up with rising leases. That's B.S. the cities should put a max increase on yearly leases for local businesses that have been open in the same location for over x-amount of years. It really hurts the community and other businesses nearby.

I am college educated and using my major. I know many other people just the same. I am also close friends with several guys that opted to go to trade school instead and earn as they learn. Sheet metal HVAC, carpentry, PG&E power company, electrician. All of us have done well over the last 15 yrs. The ones who don't are the complacent ones who don't think about their long term future or recognize good opportunities when they arise. So then they opt for no school or training at all, stay at home till they're 30 and expect that their relatives owe them something. They want a quick buck but don't want to put in the work.

All is not lost with the current generation though! I know many kids in their teens and early twenties that still seem to be slacking and not driven or even care about hard work, but I also know a few that you all would be proud of. Then just last month at the mopar alley show I met a 16 yr old there with his gorgeous orange duster. I asked him about his car cuz it looked so damn clean, especially the polished Ansen Sprint wheels. Turns out he did all the work himself. Polishes those wheels and the paint on the car DAILY! Said the car hasn't seen water since he got it at age 14. Now that's dedication!

So, let me get this straight? You guys are pissed that auto parts stores are closing because new cars are too reliable?

I've thought more about this thread. I can remember a time 12/13 years ago. We had our 2 largest accounts, one a rad & glass shop, the other glass and trim. Both closed up within a month of each other. It was a real BIG bite in the azz! I guess it obvious that I survived, but small business supports small business generally. You cant take to many hits like that and survive.

Auto Transport Service
Back