• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to buy / make bracket and buy repop front side marker bezels/lenses 1970 Coronet Charger Super Bee

johneich

Local time
6:02 AM
Reaction score
I have searched everywhere for hours. I have a PM in on one set for sale here, I can find the bezels and lenses for sale, but nowhere have I found the needed bracket for the inside of the fender. I guess I could bend some Malleable piece of metal to make this work? Pic just to show what I have and need.

Empty side marker.JPG

Thanks pnora, but the link says it is no longer available, but at least I know the name of what I am looking for! Retainers!, big thanks!

Not "exactly" what I need as I do not have what I need :) and cannot find pics of the retainers/brackets or buy listings of what I need. (Through a big internet search) The first 3 pics are retainers/brackets for my Satellite (rear). The last pic is the outside of the front markers I need (and need retainers/brackets for) (I know, you need a pic of the inside retainer, will keep looking). I need what holds the front marker lights attached to the inside of the fender for a 70 Charger/Coronet/Super Bee, as far as i know. I also need the lenses/bezels (for a reasonable cost), internet prices are just under $300.00 and that is with out the retainers, which sounds high to me for chinese repops, and I still need brackets/retainers, left and right.

DSCN0053.JPG

DSCN0057.JPG

DSCN0058.JPG

Front side markers.jpg

I had a hell of a time finding a set for my 70 Bee...a member on this forum was parting out a 70 4-door coronet and I was able to buy the complete front sets...I have one extra... mabby passenger side ...let me look

I had a hell of a time finding a set for my 70 Bee...a member on this forum was parting out a 70 4-door coronet and I was able to buy the complete front sets...I have one extra... mabby passenger side ...let me look
Please do so!

Classic Industries has the bezels and lens for my 69, that is everything I need to mount them.

charger and coronet are different,

I did not know that 1970 Charger and Coronet front side markers/lights are different, thanks!
A member was also looking and this is what he came up with because he bought 70 charger ones

the Charger side marker did differ. The casting differs just enough that it won't fit in the opening for the Coronet. The lens is the same however.
The part number cast into the left housing on the unit on my Coronet is 3403779. I checked the 70-71 Mopar parts book and that number isn't listed, neither is 3403778 which is the right side. They show 3403784-5 for the right/left assemblies. Hope this helps!

70 charger is different...and I almost remember the left and right retainers being unique to each side on my 70 Bee... unlike the rears which work on ether side. This is my extra passenger side front for 70 coronet

IMG_20230407_200820502.jpg

IMG_20230407_200835872.jpg

IMG_20230407_200905028.jpg

IMG_20230407_200926150.jpg

A member was also looking and this is what he came up with because he bought 70 charger ones

the Charger side marker did differ. The casting differs just enough that it won't fit in the opening for the Coronet. The lens is the same however.
The part number cast into the left housing on the unit on my Coronet is 3403779. I checked the 70-71 Mopar parts book and that number isn't listed, neither is 3403778 which is the right side. They show 3403784-5 for the right/left assemblies. Hope this helps!
Big thanks for the info!

I have searched everywhere for hours. I have a PM in on one set for sale here, I can find the bezels and lenses for sale, but nowhere have I found the needed bracket for the inside of the fender. I guess I could bend some Malleable piece of metal to make this work? Pic just to show what I have and need.

View attachment 1446309
A wanted thread for some nice used ones is where you need to go.

Try Tony's Parts in Delaware. He might have what you need. Very good guy & very knowledgeable. He has helped me out of a jam couple times. His prices are reasonable too.

This is what I have in my parts box
I was told they are from a 70 Coronet but not the same as a Charger
I am working on a 70 Charger

The 3 covers all have the letters REAR on them so guess they are for the back

IMG_20230408_080136377.jpg

IMG_20230408_080338955.jpg

IMG_20230408_080353022.jpg

Hmm I do not know how many replies have been deleted from the is thread by the admins
I had mentioned in a reply that I might have some parts
That reply has been removed not by me
OP replied back asking me please look That reply has been removed
Kind of changes to tone of my reply taking the effort to go out the very next morning to dig through my boxes and get some pictures of what I have
I can see the OP has been on line with the forum in the last week since I posted my pictures
But now I have no idea if he found what he was looking for or if more post since have been removed from the thread
Either way it seems the OP is not interested so I will just put my parts back in the shed as this reply will likely disappear too and I have wasted my time trying to help

Auto Transport Service
Back