• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to buy sheet metal in New England area?

ct71rr

Chad
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:02 AM
Reaction score
Hi all, I’m looking to buy a 4’x8’ sheet of 18ga sheet metal in the New England area (I live in Massachusetts, don’t laugh). Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!

Try Ryerson Steel, go to their website might find one closer.
steel.JPG

there is a place in Leominster on rte 13 right next to rte 2 . sorry i dont know the name of it

Thank you all! I can’t believe what a 4’x8’ sheet of sheet metal costs :eek:

It's a relatively flat trunklid and the curve isn't that radical, it's doable. I still have the other trunklid if you want it.

I'll definitely take it! Thank you! I can grab it this weekend - or whatever works for you.

Around 1970 wanted to buy a 4X8 sheet of steel. Didn't have a way to transport it. Ask how much to cut it in half, $35 that was $12 more than the whole piece cost.

Around 1970 wanted to buy a 4X8 sheet of steel. Didn't have a way to transport it. Ask how much to cut it in half, $35 that was $12 more than the whole piece cost.
I was quoted almost $374 for the sheet. I had to read it twice, I thought I misread it. And I would have to pick it up, which is fine, over an hour away.

Saturday will work. Can you PM me a time and address? Thanks again!

Thank you all! I can’t believe what a 4’x8’ sheet of sheet metal costs :eek:
Hahahah you must not buy steel often! Not to mention aluminum, or pretty much any metal..
Prices have increased exponentially (obscenely) since 2020.........
Supercool that you found a member willing to help you out.

Auto Transport Service
Back