• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

where to find dark blue interior paint 67 charger

dieseldazzle

Local time
7:47 AM
Reaction score
I want to respray the plastics in my charger rear package area and maybe my door panels.

Is there a source for the dark blue interior paint?

I have a 88-1 paint code 67 charger that has blue interior.

i can see the upper door panel metal is a different color than the body as well, but at this time I just want to respray or re dye not sure which is the correct term, the interior plastics and door panels due to fading from the sun

http://www.herbsparts.com/products.asp?cat=826
Click on the color chart to find your color, but it "should" be the one listed as part number 1176-Metallic Navy for your Charger.
Their paint is expensive, but pretty close to original from my personal use. Not sure if there are other places out there that would specialize in that color, but others will chime in if there are.

Thanks. Is there a way to tell the color code I need for sure at $17 a can?

If you give them a call when they are open, I am sure they will help you with any questions you have. They have always been friendly and helpful with me anytime I called.

I also forgot to add that when painting your vinyl and plastics, you are going to want to make sure you prep them right before painting them. It is very important, otherwise the paint will not adhere properly and will end up looking bad and start cracking. Usually, I will use the SEM products for that. They have a vinyl prep and a plastic adhesion promoter. They have pretty good instructions right on the can for the process. You can find them at quite a few places.

Ok thanks. I have done it on my mustang fox body and on my 69 camaro in the past and yes I used the prep and promoter and there was another item I used too that sem sells.

There is a paint supply store in my area that mixed the correct color and for use on vinyl and put it in a spray can for me. It cost me about $23 for a 12 oz can. They had the color charts for the older cars. You might try an automotive paint store in your area and get lucky.

I use Kolor Korrect out of NJ. Their interior paints are spot on for vintage Mopars. They mix them to the exact specs used by Chrysler back in the day. I just completed a restoration on my 67 Copper with Copper interior black vinyl roof Charger. The interior required 3 different colors of Copper. They mixed all three....Excellent results.....732-846-1044.

Mark

I'm glad someone asked. I sand blasted my dash and primed it with self etching.
Then I looked around for rattle can navy blue in satin to no avail.
So I had Sherwin Williams color match some oil based satin by the quart.
Seemed to work OK and was pretty close to the original color and sheen.
I'll try one of these as a top coat if they are even closer.
The description of what Herb sells sounds more like a dye. Which is fine. I've had good results with dyes on plastic parts. Is it really thin?
I'm not thrilled about sand blasting the thing again.
Thanks.

Auto Transport Service
Back