• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

where to find scoop?

cuda Hunter

Local time
5:05 PM
Reaction score
Looking for an aluminum reproduction 63 max wedge hood scoop.

Where can I find one.

I've seen all the fiberglass ones and would like to consider an aluminum or steel scoop.

Last I heard the aluminum repops were $1500 up. I couldn't care less about a scoop that expensive, so I don't know who had them.
What's wrong with glass? The only max cars that had scoops were the high compression, aluminum front end cars. Have you got an aluminum front end?

The quality of fiberglass parts varies A LOT. I considered a used/new Sled City Max Wedge scoop several years ago. It was a top quality part. I decided I wanted a '66-67 Hemi style. But the Sled City quality was apparent to me. Years ago I had some high quality glass parts and lots of inexpensive glass parts on my tube chassis car. Amazing difference with those parts.

Last edited:
Thanks, I sent a pm to Larry. Maybe I can just purchase the top dollar glass and it will make me happy. We shall see.
Still would like to know who has the steel scoops.

I have to say my interaction with Larry has been wonderful
After speaking with him I ordered the WO23 scoop from him for my Charger
I was told to expect a 2-3 week turn around as he didnt have any in stock
It was a pleasant surprise when it arrived 8 days later
It is a quality piece and I am happy with it
I dropped it off at the body shop this morning along with a spare hood I have been keeping for just this purpose

I have had a glass hood and fiberglass Max Wedge scoop on my 63 since about 2008. Never has warped at all. The scoop is not a thin glass as its a nice solid glass scoop. Also the aluminum are cool but they will dent easy. Good luck , Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back