• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to get a black 14inch air cleaner lid?

64cubed

Local time
11:15 PM
Reaction score
I'm looking for an air cleaner lid for an open element 14" Just plain Black no logos.
Sounds simple but all I can find is chrome and black ones with bowties :fit:
Can some body point me in the right direction.?

I'm looking for an air cleaner lid for an open element 14" Just plain Black no logos.
Sounds simple but all I can find is chrome and black ones with bowties :fit:
Can some body point me in the right direction.?

If all else fails buy a chrome one, sand it with 1500 and paint it black.

yes until the chrome starts peeling.

I thing K&N has them plain.

Yes, if the chrome was going to peel anyway on it's own. The 1500 sanding does not cause that.

Never painted chrome before. Sanded with 1500. Painted it with High Heat Stove BBQ Black then hit it with some vht black wrinkle.The wife was home so I couldnt put it in the oven like Ive done before.I set it out in the hot sun and
it came out really nice..thanks for the advice:)

2837706558_65276e59df.jpg

Never painted chrome before. Sanded with 1500. Painted it with High Heat Stove BBQ Black then hit it with some vht black wrinkle.The wife was home so I couldnt put it in the oven like Ive done before.I set it out in the hot sun and
it came out really nice..thanks for the advice:)

Looks good. Does a pie tin fit on it ?

I don't think it'll look right, the tin's are small in diameter.

Rob, I had this one on my 70 Cuda. Looked pretty good.

PCu8.jpg

His lid looks typical aftermarket Mr.Gasket style lid. Yours looks like a cut down OE lid. If it isn't, ..........OK Also, his lid looks flat. (?)

Damn that looks slick. Same lid as mine it should fit good.
Mancini? Should I get a 440 one or a 273 one just to confuse people?
My lid is a cheap after market chrome one. Its not flat though it does have a cone shape in the middle.

LOL, I know what you mean. I love the wanna be know it all's that go, hey, nice big block, had one just like it. While there pointing to a 2bbl 318.

My son's little league coach asked me if it was a chevy 350:black_eye:

I actually got that lid of an old dump truck. It was a cheap chrome one that all the chrome had flaked off. I sprayed it with wrinkle black but I can never get it to wrinkle right.

I'm gonna go test fit the chrome one I have later. Hummmmmm

Well, he asked, better than saying he knew what it was. For me, I'd rather answer stupid questions because to non car guys, there not stupid questions.

I actually got that lid of an old dump truck. It was a cheap chrome one that all the chrome had flaked off. I sprayed it with wrinkle black but I can never get it to wrinkle right.

I have had best results letting what I am painting sit in the sun to warm up the metal first and then let it sit in the sun after I paint it as well. You can put it in the preheated oven after you paint it also, but it will really stink up your house and probably get you on the wrong side of the little woman as well.:mad:

I have had best results letting what I am painting sit in the sun to warm up the metal first and then let it sit in the sun after I paint it as well. You can put it in the preheated oven after you paint it also, but it will really stink up your house and probably get you on the wrong side of the little woman as well.:mad:
Ive done valve covers in the oven when my wife wasnt home they came out great but my boys were running around the house telling me how pissed mom was going to be when she got home. They were right..lol
I did the air cleaner lid in the sun on a hot day around 90 degrees out. Not as wrinkly as the oven but its pretty even and you would never know it was chrome.

I'm pretty sure that my wife wouldnt like me putting parts in the oven. I have cleaned parts in the dish washer before. Amazingly enough, she didnt care at all.

That Eastwood manifold paint will really stink up the house after sitting in the oven for a while....

damhik

Auto Transport Service
Back