• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to get distributor vac advance for '66 383?

mcmlvii

Local time
11:12 PM
Reaction score
I've searched the net and can't seem to find a vacuum advance doohickey for my '66 383 single point distributor. I can buy an entire rebuilt distributor with a new vac advance canister on it for $50 shipped to my house but can't find just the advance unit. Anyone have a source? Did I just search for the wrong thing? Should I just bite the bullet and lay out 50 clams for a new dist? Seems a shame to do so when my dist works fine. Thanks.

Go here and scroll down and see if any of these will fit your distributor.

Thanks SBD. That ebay listing of yours does show a couple, but they're NOS and one is $266 (!!!) and the other is $99. I've tried ebay, rock auto, napa, oreillys. I'm just looking for the cheapie new one that comes on any $50 reman dist. I may have to just admit defeat.

Be carefull when purchasing these vacuum advances you may think it is for a big block but it will be for a small block instead. They will list the application for a big block and small block but their different. The way you can tell is a small advance enters the distributor from the left side and a big block enters the distributor from the right side and usually will hook up from underneath the advance plate. It happened to me once. I think it was Oreilly's that I bought that advance from.

Thanks guys. Yes, I can find a $100+ vacuum advance that will fit. What I'm looking for is a $20 vacuum advance. I need the one with a hole in the end of the actuating rod and the rod bent up (like 69Bee's third link shows), not a pinned end with the rod bending downward.

gonna be hard pressed to find one in yer price range....they are really hard to find

Auto Transport Service
Back