• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to get one of these??????

idrivemopar

Local time
10:36 PM
Reaction score
The wire broke off the one on my car and my spare isn't much better, goes from negative on coil to ground, would like to get a new one. Part number 3501598, and search didn't yield anything.
20160406_141559.jpg

This is from the service manual...

Capture.jpg

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 257
This is from the service manual...

View attachment 317607
Thanks for posting my manual doesn't show this or in the wiring diagram either. I see this says to the positive terminal, but mine has always been to the negative terminal, and the car doesn't run with out that connect to ground and if the service manual was to be believed it shouldn't be there, but I cant see where the circuit is getting its ground, strange!

Yeah, that's a bit much, and its not the right one either.
I'm sure this has been said before, but it's probably worth repeating...you can download the service and parts manuals for free here: http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=109
I have the service manuals for my car, and none of this is shown in either the wiring diagrams or service sections.

Thanks for posting, however, for $30 bucks for used, I can fix one of mine, besides the title on that ad says "Cleaned" and looking at the plug where the wire goes in, its been fiddled with! If it was NOS, yeah, maybe I would pay that.

Sorry, that was from the 1969 Coronet/Charger/Dart manual. I always default to that one, so the info is likely different for your particular application.

No worries man, appreciate that post, and its got me thinking, why my car doesn't run with it. If its primary function is suppress radio noise, then it should run with out it. Plus, mine is hooked to the negative of the coil, which means its just acting as a ground, and if that is the case, then I am wondering if my electronic control box is and has been bad all these years. The black wire with yellow stripe that goes from negative terminal to ECU, shouldn't that provide the ground?

Thanks to 69Bbody for posting up the info, even though its not for my car it got me into trouble shooting mode, and problem solved, bad ECU ground, now all is well and she runs with out that condenser! Its amazing, that thing has been on the car connected to negative terminal since I bought the car in 1983, however, since the cars restoration and me putting things back the way they were, I thought it was correct. However, I neglected to clean the paint off the firewall for the mounting bolts and on the back of the repainted ECU itself, but glad it was that simple.

And thanks to 69Runner for the posts, at least I know there are some parts out there if I ever want to get one, but those guys can keep their parts, and I will keep my money! for now. hahahahahaha

Great to hear you've resolved it and kept your bank balance idrivemopar! Grounding faults seem to be a behind a lot of the electrical/ignition issues I read about here.

I have a NOS one if you still need it 3501598. It came in a NOS radio install package I have.

Thanks to 69Bbody for posting up the info, even though its not for my car it got me into trouble shooting mode, and problem solved, bad ECU ground, now all is well and she runs with out that condenser! Its amazing, that thing has been on the car connected to negative terminal since I bought the car in 1983, however, since the cars restoration and me putting things back the way they were, I thought it was correct. However, I neglected to clean the paint off the firewall for the mounting bolts and on the back of the repainted ECU itself, but glad it was that simple.

And thanks to 69Runner for the posts, at least I know there are some parts out there if I ever want to get one, but those guys can keep their parts, and I will keep my money! for now. hahahahahaha
I was going to say there's something else wrong if it wouldn't run without it because I've done nothing but throw them away since I started doing tuneups in the 60's.

Auto Transport Service
Back