• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to retire to.....decisions, decisions.

Don't come to Colorado. All the Californians are driving up home prices. Small houses for $500K.

Don't come to Colorado. All the Californians are driving up home prices. Small houses for $500K.
That settles it. I'm on my way. I'll have Steve adjust the Demon for elevation.

Yep - I'm on myway too now that I have a lot of real property money to spend. Lived in the Springs for 10 years - I'm on the way back.

Move to Vermont where:
You will be greeted repeatedly with "How'ja doin'?" and be expected to reply with " Good 'an you?"
Sunday church cloths are anything without animal crap on it.
The seasons are winter, more winter, partly winter, mud, beautiful, fall leaf peeper season, mud, and start over on winter again.
Directions given always start with, " Uh...you cant get there from here."
Two main roads go North and South and they are each always under repair.
If you wish to go West or East there will be a mountain involved.
The local and regional news always starts with the Ski Report, even in the summer.
Maple syrup is an industry, not a condiment.
The weather WILL change...several times a day.
Drivers will have to contend with snowmobilers, bicyclers, cross country skiers, maple syrup gatherers, linemen crews, bears, catamounts, cows and tourists at all times of the day and night, year around.
There are only two medium sized cities, the rest is cow pasture or ski slopes.

"You can retire to The Deep South where...

1. You can rent a movie and buy bait in the same store."

Ok, I confess I have really done that. ha ha ha

Florida has changed a bit. New Yorker's used to just come visit, but now they are moving permanently. Attitude everywhere and "the way we did it up north...". Any day now I expect that we will be annexed as NY South Peninsula or something. We are already maxed out with NY drivers and have horrible traffic everywhere. It used to be orange groves and cows, and now all we have are hospitals, retirement communities, churches, funeral homes and attorneys. Dying is big business, and even the churches advertise with big flashing digital signs. Welcome to Florida, The Great Exit Room.

My parents used to live in Holiday Fla. Hated driving down there.

If I had a heated and air conditioned shop and there weren't too many people around, I could retire about anywhere.

We are looking into Nashville area. Very nice! 5 yrs ago was the right time Now you have to go a little outside of Nashville.

Didn't read that a lot of people from WI were infiltrating CO? Does that mean I could be welcome to reside in CO without fear of being stoned? (Not only from legal marijuana)

The weed in the air in Colorado is what is attracting the Californians. It'd be just like being at home or on a BART Platform.

North Texas has been good for us, came from Illinois originally. Still have four seasons although spring and fall are pretty short. A few freezes in the winter but then in the 70s the next week. Summer is damn hot but A/C is your friend. You can drive and work on your cars all year!

I've got just the place for you near the Poconos!
5 acres
2200 sq ft
2 car attached garage
30 x 32 shop
Deer, bear, turkeys, I might even work in the mower.
No elevator - bummer:(, lots of stairs.
RC’s perfect place wud be Mario Andretti’s dad’s old house I saw one time close to Allentown; raised ranch w/5 garage doors underneath!

I've got just the place for you near the Poconos!
5 acres
2200 sq ft
2 car attached garage
30 x 32 shop
Deer, bear, turkeys, I might even work in the mower.
No elevator - bummer:(, lots of stairs.
Been going up to those mountains when i was so young i couldn't see out the side window of my grandfathers 52 Buick. My grandparents, parents, uncle sister in law all lived or live there. Mom and dad are interned in St Mary's in Moscow. I still go up there now and then to visit my favorite places and pay my respects to my parents. I miss my folks place in Pocono Springs. As you know its changed in some parts and not for the better but at least up there i can have Smith and Weston right next to my bed at night.

Auto Transport Service
Back