• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which 5.7/6.1 Exhaust manifolds for 69 B-body?

The problem with clearance only arises when the A/C compressor is mounted low like on the 6.1L hemi... if it is mounted high like the 5.7L you will have no issues with the TTI headers....

Ah ha!! Thats why mine dropped right in. Maybe there is something to be said about the truck set up.

im not running a/c...so i wont have an issue there.

if there is a issue trust me, ill post up here for yall..

im just saying that some of the previous cars weve built did not have issues with the low mounted a/c although we did have to cut that one ear off and some work to the mount.

i think other than i tight starter install everything else went smooth

5.7 in a 68 Charger with a factory 5.7 AC Compressor fit fine with TTI Mounts and Headers.

When you guys say 5.7, could you please say car or truck. This would help the rest of us if you have any issues.

just going over this post .. I have the grand cherokee headers working on the passenger side .. drivers side not working hits the top of the steering box on my e body ,,,

I tried a number of parts but again have made my own motor mounts placing it in my own custom spot (lower in the k-frame than tti). I ended up having to knotch a truck manifold for know just to get it to fit. the car manifolds hit both the steering box and the frame rails for me.

But again I am much lower in the bay.

SRT8 Grand Cherokee pass pick on an e body IMG_00000081.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

driver side srt8 grand Cherokee no go hits the box IMG_00000086.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

made my own headers cut the flange off... these will work on a rack set up all day .. these are grand Cherokee srt8 .. car no go ..
IMG_00000073.jpg

Last edited:
Just mocked-up my front assembly for my e-body[same thing]. The left-side SRT8 Jeep manifold doesn't work, even with a Borg box. If you're using a NAG1 trans, the TTI right header is an issue with rt-side starter. My Exhaust guy will be building headers. I'm not even gonna try to make making "one size fits all" stuff work for my combo.

that was a question ive tried to find out . borgeson ?? whos header kit did you purchase?

Guys, I know its expensive but TTI all the way for factory steering.

Auto Transport Service
Back