• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

which blue is darker

I'm in the same boat guys. Thanks to everyone for all of the very useful info. I wish it wasn't so complicated. I too have been researching the B5 color because I saw a few B5 painted '69's that I wasn't too crazy about, then I saw a '68 painted exactly the way I want my car to look. See photo below. When I asked the guy by email about the paint, he said all he knows is that he told his paint guy to paint it '68 B5 blue. I've since asked him if he can send me the painter's ph# so I can talk to him and I'm still waiting.

Can anyone confirm by this photo if it looks like it could be the 2019 B5 color? The way the paint looks on the curves of the front of the hood, it's almost as if there's some pearl in there, but I'm sure lighting may have something to do with it. I really like the richness of the paint in this photo.

68BluePlymB5ElecBlue1.jpg

So I heard back from the owner of the '68 shown in the photo I posted above. He says the paint shop told him it was '68 B5 Blue. Since there was technically no "B-5" for '68, as the last poster said, the closest '68 color would likely have been QQ1. Regardless of that, does anyone have an opinion from experience on whether the photo above looks more like QQ1 or the 2019 code blue color?

found some more helpful charts but dont know how to get them on here , maybe one of you can post them,,,go to oldride.com click on library then on car you want

So I heard back from the owner of the '68 shown in the photo I posted above. He says the paint shop told him it was '68 B5 Blue. Since there was technically no "B-5" for '68, as the last poster said, the closest '68 color would likely have been QQ1. Regardless of that, does anyone have an opinion from experience on whether the photo above looks more like QQ1 or the 2019 code blue color?

It is really difficult to make any kind of color determination/choice from computer pictures as they show differently depending on your individual monitor. The only way to be sure is to find the color YOU like and find out (if you can) from the owner what brand of paint he used and IT'S actual color formula.

Regarding the difference between QQ1 and B5, as I stated earlier in this thread, QQ1 was a more "electric" blue than B5 back in the day when these cars were factory painted. As I RECALL (42 years ago) QQ1 was also slightly darker. If you find an original paint car and can find an area that was not exposed to the elements such as under the windshield and sealer or under the trunk weatherstripping that will give you a true color of what THAT car was like new. However, as I said previously in this thread, there were shade differences when these cars were new. I think it is a dream to try and paint a car as PER FACTORY in this day and age because of the above. Find the shade YOU like and paint your car. After all, how many of you guys are going to show your car in an OEM judge competition? And if you do, the individual judge is going to have HIS own opinion of what HE THINKS the color should look like weather it is right or wrong.
:icon_scratch: QUIT STRESSING OUT ABOUT IT!! :bighug:

the 68 charger in the for sale section by he called QQ-1 by g man , i think looks great, thats the look i want

Auto Transport Service
Back