• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which car wash soap and wax?

I use just about any soap that doesn't strip off wax on my cars that get real dirty. Follow-up with Maguire's NXT Tech Wax, I also clay bar my cars at least once a year, its amazing how much crap comes off.

Now on my baby, I have never used the hose on her, she only goes out in nice weather, and I will dust first, remove any dead bug or grease, whatnot debris with Turtle Wax bug and tar remover, then use Maguire's quick detailer and a microfiber towel and wipe her down, then she gets a light rinse with a damp microfiber sponge, then Tech Wax, or if needed clay bar then Tech Wax.

We need a "DRIVER" forum. Owners who drive their cars 100 miles a year can't relate to those who really drive and enjoy their Mopars and get them dirty. I'd have 13:1 etc if I just drove to a local cruise once a month.

We need a "DRIVER" forum. Owners who drive their cars 100 miles a year can't relate to those who really drive and enjoy their Mopars and get them dirty. I'd have 13:1 etc if I just drove to a local cruise once a month.
100 miles a year, haha ... that's funny ! Driving them is the fun part, no point in having them just to look at

April 4th is the 1 year anniversary of the first drive of my restoration.... I will have put just short of 10,000 miles on it by then .... :steering:

It has been washed with Turtle Wax Car Wash a few times after a few rain runs but for the most part it is just a wipe down with Presta Fast Wax or Presta Spray and Shine.

Presta Fast Wax is a glaze and only lasts a few weeks but allows the paint to breath. Pure Carnauba Wax will allow it to breath too, important to long life.

Jim

Last edited:
I'm sort of surprised that there are more posts and discussions about car care, cleaning and waxing, especially compared to some other places like ClubLexus where you'll find over 7,400 distinct threads in the auto detailing forum. I like to see other experiences with certain products, because I certainly can't afford to try them all out.

TR3 resin is awesome!! Don't use wax.
I have actually had people ask if the car had just been painted when th paint job was 20 yrs old with 100,000 miles on it. With 2 different cars.
It lasts a long time. You don't have to apply it very often. Maybe every 3 yrs. It looks great.
Should put it on asap to protect the paint.
I just wash with any good soap and then apply the TR3 like you would wax.
IT'S REALLY IS BETTER THAN ANYTHING I HAVE USED. ONLY PRODUCT FOR POLISHING I BUY.
Have only bought 4 cans in 35 yrs. Used on my 71 runner, 71 satellite, 66 mustang and my truck.

Last edited:
The owner of Southern Polyurethanes comments on waxes are what I advocate. If you use glazes and carnauba waxes that breath the paint will last a long time. Polymers and other sealers/waxes will keep the paint appearing to look good but what you are really seeing is the product looking good. If you use these products for a few years then stop and completely remove the build up over the years with Wax and Grease remover you will find the real paint underneath likely looks quite poor... until you put another coat of the wax/sealer on. Using the breathable glazes/carnauba wax you are and your preserving actual paint shine.

This is almost like asking which oil.
duck.gif

If you drive them, they get dirty and need to be rinsed. Garage or trailer queens never see any real road dirt.
That's what I was thinking reading threw the suggestions, thank God you guys don't live where I do because washing is a must. I'm assuming many on here only see nice pavement, don't drive in the rain and avoid anything other than prestine conditions. I just buy any car wash soap, so far I don't see any big difference it's what you do next that counts.

There are special car wash soaps that don't remove the wax you spent hours to apply and there are soaps designed to strip the wax as it removes the dirt and grime.

Meguiar's here. I like both Mother's and Meguiar's. However, I met Barry Meguiar at a Barret-Jackson auction. He walked up next to where we were standing and watching. We started talking and had a good 20 minute conversation. Nice guy, interested in what projects we had going. I like people who take the time to BS with the consumer.

Meguiar's here. I like both Mother's and Meguiar's. However, I met Barry Meguiar at a Barret-Jackson auction. He walked up next to where we were standing and watching. We started talking and had a good 20 minute conversation. Nice guy, interested in what projects we had going. I like people who take the time to BS with the consumer.
How many arms does he have he's like an Octopus .

Auto Transport Service
Back