• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which car wash soap and wax?

Moparlike

Local time
12:39 PM
Reaction score
maybe i’m looking forward to Spring a bit too much, however.....

Which soap and wax do you use?

I was using dish detergent, but I read that it removes the wax???

Thanks!

Any AUTO wash is fine, it’s what you use after. I usually use meguiars. But I just used the turtle wax back to black box on my 2006 charger srt and was very impressed with the results.

B6E87A9E-982F-4FC8-9D03-D50CA5199593.jpeg

Use dish soap ONLY if you are going to strip all the wax and road grime/grease so you can clay bar it and re-apply a good wax or polish type product.
I use Zaino products and they are great. Google Zaino

Haven't washed and waxed a car since 1993.
Try driwash and you'll never look back.

I do like surf city garage products, their wheel cleaner is awesome. Keeps my torque thrusts looking new !

One thing about dish soap don't use it on convertibles with plastic rear windows, ammonia yellows plastic windows. Don't ask how I know.

If you want to know how to get serious detailing a car properly, go to YouTube and look up "ammo nyc". The guy details everything from Subaru outback's to Bugatti Veyron's. And quit using dish soap. The smart car wash brand is my favorite and mothers wax is as well. It wipes off super easy.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AMMONYCdotcom

Use dish soap ONLY if you are going to strip all the wax and road grime/grease so you can clay bar it and re-apply a good wax or polish type product.
I use Zaino products and they are great. Google Zaino
+1 on theZaino. Great stuff.

If you decide not to use driwash as suggested above (i do) and want to use a soap I've always used zipwax, then turtle wax hardshell.

I used Zaino up until a friend introduced me to Driwash and now I do Ultraluster. Zaino right in the trash

One thing to remember is everytime you wash your car, dry your car and even polish it, you can scratch. This is what dulls paint over the years.

Thats the features of waterless products. You skip the wash and dry part for one and they have the lubricants and emulsifiers to prevent scratching

Frank is correct. In addition to the time savings you are also saving the paint. Water can etch paint, and it does flow into knooks and stands in areas that can do additional long term damage, especially on our leak prone old b body mopar.

I sold my daily driver 1990 lebaron convertible in 2011 with 174k miles. I was asked repeatedly by people were I got the car painted. It was difficult to convince people it was the original paint. Driwash was used on that car since 1993.

Disclaimer
I was a driwash distributor from 1993 to 2005. I no longer sell the product, but still use it on all of my cars.

waterless carwash, oh boy ... my neighbor was a dealer for one of those things ... I don't care, you cannot convince me you are doing good to your paint without rinsing the dirt off your car first. You can scream lubricant all you want, polymer this polymer that. That stuff is full of fillers that fill in the scratches as you go. Sure the car will look great if you continue to use it and never stop, but what happens a year or 2 after nothing to fill those scratches ? That stuff was meant for water shortage areas, somehow took off and folks love it. It's easy, I get it ..... not me ...... oh, my neighbor now uses soap and water ......

If you drive them, they get dirty and need to be rinsed. Garage or trailer queens never see any real road dirt.

Auto Transport Service
Back