• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which exhaust tips for 3” exhaust?

70ChargerRT

Local time
2:09 AM
Reaction score
Looks like 3 different options for exhaust tips. Trying to figure out which one I should go with. One looks like a slip on but it looks like it may be a tad too long for the tips. One has the bolt to tighten it on after it slips on which doesn’t look like 3” tips and the other looks like it’s made for clamps which I’m not crazy about.

1A23DE60-F5F4-49D4-8ECF-3FF329E97166.jpeg

E086CDE6-1C55-45A4-A63C-722618AE35D2.jpeg

A7C04876-F755-46EF-9D5B-EFAF236CDC16.jpeg

Yes, you need BIG ones. Wished I had a motor that needed a 3 inch system, yes, get some purdy ones. I'm jealous ....

All 3 I posted are advertised as stainless but the TTi is the only one that comes with clamps. Just trying to figure out which style to choose.
I have the TTI 3 inch and they fit and look correct. I would not trust the others as most likely they are poor quality knock offs.

When I originally built the GTX the exhaust shop welded my stainless tips to the mild steel exhaust tubing. That said, I'd go with #2

I have used several sets of the ones that Accurate Exhaust sells. They are nice quality. You have to cut off the ends of your pipes including the hangers. I then use the step band clamps, which works fine.
On my last 2 cars, I decided to try the TTI tips. They are nice quality as well. With these, you keep the original exhaust pipe hanger, still cutting the pipe, but behind the hanger. They come with a narrow clamp and a small 1/8" pin to hold the tip in place. At first I thought it was kind of a cheezy design, but it works fine. Only disadvantage with them would be that its not so easy to twist them slightly if you accidentally drill the hole off a bit.

Can you see the clamps?
I use the band and position them correctly. They are not visible unless you are on your back. Clamps were used from the factory. Welding degrades the materials and is a sore spot for discoloration. Plus 3 inch fits very tight and once welded its pretty much permanent and you had better pray it never has to come apart. I don't pay for 1k exhaust systems that I have to weld together.

I use the band and position them correctly. They are not visible unless you are on your back. Clamps were used from the factory. Welding degrades the materials and is a sore spot for discoloration. Plus 3 inch fits very tight and once welded its pretty much permanent and you had better pray it never has to come apart. I don't pay for 1k exhaust systems that I have to weld together.
That’s what I’ve been debating. I’m wanting to weld them on and have seen it done but on smaller exhaust and I forgot to remind myself that I’m running 3” and yeah it would be tight.

I have the accurate tips. Since the exhaust is ceramic coated mild steel and tips stainless I chose to clamp them. And as mentioned, it's nice to have a little adjustment.

IMG_3467.jpg
IMG_3466.jpg
IMG_3470.jpg
IMG_3469.jpg

IMG_3468.jpg

I have a set of the 3" TTI tips... I don't think they look even close to the original rectangle shape... The Accurate tips are much closer to correct....

And if that not enough TTI Laser etched their logo into the side of the tip in a very obvious place...... I didn't over pay for their product so that I can advertise for them... I'm going to wind up grinding the logo off & repolishing the tips.... Not impressed...

I have a set of the 3" TTI tips... I don't think they look even close to the original rectangle shape... The Accurate tips are much closer to correct....

And if that not enough TTI Laser etched their logo into the side of the tip in a very obvious place...... I didn't over pay for their product so that I can advertise for them... I'm going to wind up grinding the logo off & repolishing the tips.... Not impressed...
Do you remember what you paid for those?

Auto Transport Service
Back