• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3" exhaust opinions?

Yes, I have to say. I installed the 3" exhaust with an H-Pipe and I didn't lose any HP at all. Matter of fact I may have gained. Since I never tried 2 1/2" I guess I have nothing to compare it too, however anyone that says that you lose HP just isn't true. I have the smaller 1 3/4" TTI header that goes out the 3" exhaust and I think that may be what the trick is.
I operated under the same theory. Both of my hotrod headers (one set hooker supercomp adjustable, one set full custom) used 2"tube and a 3 1/2 collector. So, I used 3 1/2 pipe
Can't say I noticed any power loss. The n/a small block car went nines through the mufflers.

Came home to find this on the porch, I was told 4-6 weeks lead time but it’s only been a couple weeks. Still not going to down the GTX until it snows but I’m glad everything is here…

Polished 1 7/8” headers and 3” X-pipe exhaust kit

IMG_4506.jpeg

Came home to find this on the porch, I was told 4-6 weeks lead time but it’s only been a couple weeks. Still not going to down the GTX until it snows but I’m glad everything is here…

Polished 1 7/8” headers and 3” X-pipe exhaust kit
What HP you think your car runs? Let us know when the time comes how the set up works! (Stupid snow!)

I also didn't use the Turbo mufflers that come with the kit. I used the Ultra Flo's.

What HP you think your car runs? Let us know when the time comes how the set up works! (Stupid snow!)

I also didn't use the Turbo mufflers that come with the kit. I used the Ultra Flo's.

To be honest, I have no idea what the HP is. Engine is a .030 over 440, 10.5:1 CR, ported 906 heads and a MP .509/292 cam.

I also got the kit without mufflers because it's getting Flowmaster Delta 50's, the same muffler that's currently on the GTX as well as my 454 powered '58 Apache...

Auto Transport Service
Back