• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Manual transmission for drag racing??

Funny how times change with a Bruno drive/ converter to drive a planetary Lenco trans today and back in the 60's you used a clutch to drive your automatic because converter technology was just getting started.

Gus
yeah, that's right :realcrazy:

:thumbsup:

As far as I have seen, there aren't enough Passon 855 transmissions in use to expect much "high performance/racing" feedback.
I'm going to push mine as far as anyone should, but hopefully not beyond its capabilities. Since it's what I have, what I like, and the assurance of 700 continuous Ft Lbs Torque handling is "conservative" that's all I really have to go by.
I believe most who did what was required to obtain an 855 are likely owners of cars they:
*1st and Foremost wanted a 5 speed but WOULD NOT cut their car.
*They must like to drive them, otherwise why bother?
*What I don't know is how many of them would BEAT on their cars, "no lift shifts" (only after I had a rev limiter) and WOT drag racing, happy to do long burnouts, etc etc.
I will get in touch with Jamie at some point to have one more discussion about what the 572 will output, although I will only be guessing until I get it on what will likely be a chassis dyno, and see if he has any suggestions. I certainly wouldn't intentionally grenade the 855, but I don't know if any upgrades are available for IT.
Meanwhile, I will be poking around should an alternate be needed.

Auto Transport Service
Back