• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

which mopar electronic dist box

moparjohnny

Local time
7:54 AM
Reaction score
any advice on mopar ecu boxes i hear problems with orange box? any ideas on other boxes?. thanks

Yep, what he said.

Why are you guys choosing the rev' n ator or chrome ECU? What performance have you noticed?

I wanted something more dependable than the Orange box, but still looked like the Orange box. Plus it has the rev-limiter so added bonus.

Right now, I've got a store-bought "stock" one on mine. I have a near-new Mopar orange box as a spare. What, exactly, is the difference in stock and the "performance" orange or chrome ones, other than max RPM operating range of each?
Does each have a different "curve" or something?

Why are you guys choosing the rev' n ator or chrome ECU? What performance have you noticed?

What 440beep said above, plus the fantastic after-sales service (if it's ever needed), it is a genuine plug-n-play box, built in rev limiter, RPM indicators on the box, electronic advance negating the need for vacuum advance, money-back guarantee.......and the owner has a nice smile :D
MCG2015Ad_Rev.jpg

I have been running this orange box since 1999 and its worked flawless all these years. The car never misses a beat and runs in the 10's with it. But I bought it in 1999 as some say the newer boxes can give problems. It seems alot like that Rev-n-nator box so that might be a good choice or the chrome Mopar box. Ron

412465706.jpg

The slew rate on any transistor type ignition is 1 to 1.4 per 1000 RPM, until you get away from 1960's technology and step into computer controlled Ignition your timing will always retard as RPM and loads build. There's reason why all new cars run a microprocessor type ignition systems. Search the HRR688 for true electronic ignition that doesn't retard timing

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back