• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

which muffler is recommended

what muffler?

• Total voters
thanks all still trying to decide, those spin techs sound really good have a nice growl to them but they cost alot of money.

Did you go to the Cherry BOmb site and read about the Vortex? They supposed to be very cuttin edge in terms of flow and they don't cost an arm and a leg.

yeh man that vortex sounds good i think thats the one i am going to go just have to make sure it is going to fit

Flowmaster 50 series are the best. Nothing sounds better in my opinion. You have to run as much pipe as possible after the muffller. If you just dump out after the muffler they will sound terrible. The quality is great.

I love the flowmaster sound and the fact that there isn't any glass to blow out. I'm glad I read this because I was thinking of going with summits mufflers, sounds like you guys like them. On the other hand I would like to go with stainless as well which puts me back with flowmaster.

A buddy of mine who owns a 67 GTX Hemi car had a 3" system, with electric cutouts and Dyno Max Ultra VT's installed on his and the VT's sound great.......

muffler pole

Myself I have never used anything but allied bluesteak glasspacks. and continue to use them when I can find them. Ive listened to many cars using dynos or flowmasters. they are ok but the just sound too hollow and sometimes a little raspy at w o t. although The raspy sound may not be the fault of the muffler. someone mentioned cheking out cherry bombs. I dont know how good they are now but from the 80s thru the 90s the quality did not seem good. they were also a little too noisy and raspy sounding. I went to theyre web site and listend to a car accelarating using the glasspack mufflers. they must think it sounds good but to me it sounds more like a toned down version of running strait pipes. the bluestreak was well built and gave a really nice deep tone, especially when using a 30" or 36" as close to the headers as practical. They sounded great when accelarating but were easy on the ears when running down the freeway. I have a set of 24' that I purchased about 10 yrs ago.I prefer 30" but that was all they had left. I am going to put them on my wifes 70 belvedere if I ever get it put together and painted.

- - - Updated - - -

Myself I have never used anything but allied bluesteak glasspacks. and continue to use them when I can find them. Ive listened to many cars using dynos or flowmasters. they are ok but the just sound too hollow and sometimes a little raspy at w o t. The raspy sound may not be the fault of the muffler. someone mentioned cheking out cherry bombs. I dont know how good they are now but from the 80s thru the 90s the quality did not seem good. they were also a little too noisy and raspy sounding. I went to theyre web site and listend to a car accelarating using the glasspack mufflers. they must think it sounds good but to me it sounds more like a toned down version of running strait pipes. the bluestreak was well built and gave a really nice deep tone, especially when using a 30" or 36" as close to the headers as practical. They sounded great when accelarating but were easy on the ears when running down the freeway. I have a set of 24' that I purchased about 10 yrs ago.I prefer 30" but that was all they had left. I am going to put them on my wifes 70 belvedere if I ever get it put together and painted.

Positioning a muffler "as close to the header as practical" is just wrong. It's wrong in terms of flow and it's wrong in terms of sound. Exhaust gasses are best muffled or baffled after they have cooled some. Also, if there is any drone or sound coming from the muffler, guess where you just mounted it when you placed it right behind the header? Right under the passenger compartment. That's kinda dumb.

Auto Transport Service
Back