• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which sheet metal to buy sherman or amd

moparjohnny

Local time
3:31 PM
Reaction score
I have 69 roadrunner need front pans,so which is the safest to buy for fit? Do i need to brace or support car with jack if only doing two front pans? Thanks

Personally I have a good experience with AMD product for my 69 RR don't have any experiences with Sherman

I have used Sherman's front drivers side and fit perfect. It also was made in Detroit USA and didn't come from Taiwan. Sometimes I think they paint the Taiwan metal black just to hide the lousy sheet metal. However, I'm sure off shore stuff is better today than last part I tried some time ago.

Shermans is great!

I have used Sherman's front drivers side and fit perfect. It also was made in Detroit USA and didn't come from Taiwan. Sometimes I think they paint the Taiwan metal black just to hide the lousy sheet metal. However, I'm sure off shore stuff is better today than last part I tried some time ago.

I got my metal from Shermans and it was all great stuff! great prices and service!:hello2:

I got my metal from Shermans and it was all great stuff! great prices and service!:hello2:

Same here I used two front pans and two rear quarter patches from them. though the drivers side patch for my coronet wasn't perfectly stamped but hey it may have been my car too....not like these things were even close to perfect.

Oh and get them from Rockauto.com they are cheaper then going direct.

Yes, the front floor pan was made in Detroit. Bare steel and labeled as such. They will tell you which parts come from where. In fact the floor pan is made by an OEM supplier I used to deal with as I used to work for Chrysler some years back. The stamper is located near 16 mile and Mound road if I recall. They do lots of prototype parts for future cars there. Yes, that's it. Sherman also has stamped there all the USA made 55-57 Chevy parts ie quarter panels full door assy etc. I have been in that place some years back like I said, they have some huge presses and their own foundry. Not many places left in Detroit that can make big parts like that anymore. This particular stamper does service work and prototype jobs for big three. That's why I was there. Nice place, excellent quality. Not many like them left sadly.

That's great to know, I had no idea they were still stamping parts for the aftermarket here.

Auto Transport Service
Back