• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which slotted exhaust tips for a 1974 Charger SE?

74ChargerSE440

Local time
11:00 AM
Reaction score
Who knows where I can find a pair of OEM style slotted exhaust tips? What style? Long/short slotted? Quality?

Thanks!

Classic Industries, Year one, Summit, Joshes, PG Classic just to name a few.

Factory 71-74 exhaust tips would have been "machine gun" tips.

IIRC Pypes makes them and sells on ebay.

I think there are more as well.

I'm always partial to the short slotted Machine Gun tips. Just saying........

1665870445461.png

Except for in '73 and '74 in which Plymouth adopted the long ones as well, and apparently only in black. This could be fake news, just regurgitating what I've heard.

The original tips on my 73 were the long orange ones, I replaced them with stainless ones when the pitting got to bad. The car also had a original purple horn, not black like Year One says it did.

The thing to remember here is that there is a lot of incorrect info out there about these cars, and there was variances with build date and factory. Bottom line, just because a lot of people say something doesn't make it correct.

Mark

My 73 also had long orange tips and my horn was also purple. When my horn croaked back in the 80's I bought a new one
from the local Plymouth dealer and it was black.

Auto Transport Service
Back