• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Speedo Gear?

Nxcoupe

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:59 AM
Reaction score
1966 Belvedere, 727 BB auto trans, 3.23 gears, 14" tire, which tooth speedo gear do I need to get me in the ballpark? I currently have no speedo so close is better than nothing.

I believe there is a chart here on this site from Brewers Performance, with all the info you are looking for.

Measure your tire height and select the appropriate gear.

chart.jpg

Now all you need is the diameter of your 14” tire, do you know what size it is?

I am sending out a check today for one off here. Hope to get it soon. Sending Grundy paperwork in today for insurance on it, so I want to be able to tool around in it soon and not worry I'm doing 85 in a 35. Lol.

Not going with Grundy btw.

I got the gear and put it in, old gear had all the teeth worn off of it. Who makes replacement speedo cable and housing assemblies that are worth a crap? Mine is very tough to turn over by hand. I imagine at speed it gets worse. Thanks

I got the gear and put it in, old gear had all the teeth worn off of it. Who makes replacement speedo cable and housing assemblies that are worth a crap? Mine is very tough to turn over by hand. I imagine at speed it gets worse. Thanks
Did you get a cable? Roseville Moparts sells them and I think Summit, Vans, and Layson’s also.

Did you get a cable? Roseville Moparts sells them and I think Summit, Vans, and Layson’s also.
No, not yet. But thank you for that. I'll look at those places and see what they have. I need cable and housing, as I'm not sure which or both are bad on mine.

Let me check my file tomorrow. The one I put on the HP2 works just fine...
1966plysathp2pt6 008.jpg
1966plysathp2pt6 007.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back