• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

White Overlay Gauge and LED setup

Well i know you did the gauges so im assuming you mean the dash cap. That was as simple as it can get, I couldn't believe it, It fit like it was custom made for my car! Just trim all the cracks in the old pad good, clean the old one up real good and apply the gooo they give you and weight it down.. I used small sticks from the floor to the bottom of it to keep that part tight against the old pad, I used a pile of MM magazines to weigh the top down and the next day, brand new top... I did paint the metal at the base of the windshield which i guess was kind of hard, i used a cereal box cut open to hold it against the base of the windshield and taped everything else up and sprayed it flat black.. as you see in the picture, i still have a long way to go and i forgot about this earlier, you'll know what i mean lol.. after im done i have these to put in i got today.. I hope this helps someone else do the same, i payed $87.88 i believe for it and i think its worth every cent. This dash is all but new now to me and have slightly less then 200 in it with the white faced and LED lights.. I hope this same guy is still selling these if someone later decides to do this, hes good to deal with.. This explain what you were asking i hope?
Picture2000720Small-1.gif

"Who sells those floor mats" http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005ET4D0K/ref=pe_175190_21431760_cs_sce_dp_1

"Looks good Ron, Nice upgrade." Thanks Dave, It really didn't start off as a major renovation, just one thing lead to another and friends here at the site sending links to show me things i could do. Im glad of it, makes all the difference and the work was worth it, actually a fun winter project.

:glasses9:...Very nice Ron...I remember when we tore off the old dash on our 1966 Malibu...my husband freaked when I got a short crowbar and popped that daddy off...new dash went on just like you said in your post...gooey sticky stuff and it fit like a glove...Marla

Attachments

• Marla.jpg
    Marla.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 228
:glasses9:...Very nice Ron...I remember when we tore off the old dash on our 1966 Malibu...my husband freaked when I got a short crowbar and popped that daddy off...new dash went on just like you said in your post...gooey sticky stuff and it fit like a glove...Marla

Thanks Marla, someday ill tell you about my 66 Chevelle i restored... its a story that was something... the end was great and learned i fooled a lot of people.

Stuart, Ive found that on Amazon, There is a tremendous amount of things we can use that is most always cheaper then other places. I was surprised at the price of them myself and they look good but only time can tell the durability of them. I bought a full size sign for my driveway from them to lol... Its just to bug my son in law the Ford guy, he said because of me now my daughter bought her Durango, i swear i didn't tell her to.
We have white stones for the driveway coming, i thought this sign would improve the looks, and make him mad. lol
Picture2000520Medium20Custom.gif

Marla did you get your dash cap from azabob*1? Thats where i got mine and it really did fit that good!! If you did anyone hear thinking of doing it will know his stuff is good... Ill vouch for him anyway, and the shipping was free! always a added plus.

Marla did you get your dash cap from azabob*1? Thats where i got mine and it really did fit that good!! If you did anyone hear thinking of doing it will know his stuff is good... Ill vouch for him anyway, and the shipping was free! always a added plus.
No...got it from Year One...Marla

Update, Stuart if you see this, i believe your going to like them if you bought a set, I just spoke with another member on the phone who may get a set, lol, i don't remember how many were left.. I put the sill plates i buffed out on and cleaned the floor and set them in, does ANYONE know something thats safe on these old sun visors to clean them??? Its funny cause they look fine looking at them, in a picture there terrible. Interior almost done, im replacing some other things so the old rear carpet has to do until next winter, Maybe by then i can buy real seat covers... i hope, I got this car to sell and now i cant do it, its a traveling project, One thing at a time, And havin a lot of fun doing it, sell some parts and buy more to put on or in.

Picture2001220Small-1.gif
Picture2000420Medium20Small.gif
Picture2001820Small.gif

Update, Stuart if you see this, i believe your going to like them if you bought a set, I just spoke with another member on the phone who may get a set, lol, i don't remember how many were left.. I put the sill plates i buffed out on and cleaned the floor and set them in, does ANYONE know something thats safe on these old sun visors to clean them??? Its funny cause they look fine looking at them, in a picture there terrible. Interior almost done, im replacing some other things so the old rear carpet has to do until next winter, Maybe by then i can buy real seat covers... i hope, I got this car to sell and now i cant do it, its a traveling project, One thing at a time, And havin a lot of fun doing it, sell some parts and buy more to put on or in.

Picture2001220Small-1.gif
Picture2000420Medium20Small.gif
Picture2001820Small.gif
yup i got mine saturday

Attachments

• road runner matts.jpg
    road runner matts.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 190
  • roady.jpg
    roady.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 204
  • road runner mats.jpg
    road runner mats.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 237
Cool, Hope you like them, i do think there worth the price... i like your cartoon, There;s a lady my son in law knows that can, and im told will, make me up a decal for my car, im sure you've seen the one where the coyote has his hands around Road Runners neck... The caption reads "Beep beep my ***" well im having her make me up the same thing but in keeping with my car and it being a RM less car, the caption is going to read "Road Runner my ***" lol.. Maybe overboard a bit but its the truth and im putting them on my car lol.. Thanks again.

Cool, Hope you like them, i do think there worth the price... i like your cartoon, There;s a lady my son in law knows that can, and im told will, make me up a decal for my car, im sure you've seen the one where the coyote has his hands around Road Runners neck... The caption reads "Beep beep my ***" well im having her make me up the same thing but in keeping with my car and it being a RM less car, the caption is going to read "Road Runner my ***" lol.. Maybe overboard a bit but its the truth and im putting them on my car lol.. Thanks again.

i have a very nice set of embroidered road runner matts but they are old and not made any more , they are starting to discolor from the wear on them so i want to save them and stop using them , these are a cheap and very durable ( plastic RR ) replacemnt ,

I can understand why you want to save yours.. and i hope your right on these being durable, ive been wondering myself if they will hold up good.. Time will tell i guess.
With everything they keep coming up with, there is probably a place where you could get yours maybe, if i can word it this way, restored.. Re dyed or something along those lines.

And here i thought i was the last to know of this magical place called Amazon.com!!

With interior finished, ive taken out my fuel tank and rear shocks, working on the new replacements now and ordered new front shocks, i was a bit surprised when i opened the box, Whats the chance they would be the same color! My new shock plate stud came from Mancini's today, as soon as rear done im putting these on, my winter projects are running just some bit overtime, but worth it. If anyone else doing some upgrades like this, id love to see some pics!!
Picture2005020Small20Custom.gif

Auto Transport Service
Back